1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

No Perception is Worth dieing for while You're still Alive.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

When I look in the Mirror I see someone strong and happy. A positive person with goals and a bright future full of hope and lots of dreams. I also see... 1) a person that has been through many battles and plenty of pain, 2) a little boy that once thought most people we're nice and really had huge hearts just to be let down, 3) my illusion took and stomped as if I was just another person that didn't exist. 4) My hurt developing into depression. 5) the depression worsening as I try to figure out was anyone for real, did most people actually not care about the happiness in another person's heart, could it be that most of us are just looking out for number 1.
    Is that truth? Is that the way I'm supposed to be even if I know deep in my heart, in my soul that's not me.
    Is life really about finding out that all I thought once was true was all just a wish, a hope, something only I could feel and everyone else just didn't get it.
    All the time I took to learn the good book, all the time I took to perfect and train that inner child and ease him, all the time I calmed the inner critic and soothed the inner bully -- was all that time only for me and no one else cause no one wanted to listen to me?
    The answer came to me over the years, the answer is and always will be it's all in how I perceive my illusions.
    If I wish to be that light on top of the hill then I can be that light and I will be able to help all of my friends and be anything I want to be, I can never doubt that. The truth is my perceptions have hurt me, set me into stages of depression and made me doubt my own calling.
    welcome everyone to the life of every person I have ever met. I don't mean to impose my perceptions on anyone but if you look close you will remember when you too had a goal or a wish, a dream and someone came along and killed it, smashed it, made it nothing to have hope for again.
    The thing I want to express is we are the ones holding the inner smile, we have the candle lit alive and kickin on the inside of us. It's always been ours, we just gave it away when we got discouraged and hurt by others that really knew nothing of what we were trying to accomplish and then we let them take our smile, we let them take our happiness and our glow -- see we have the power to be strong and do all that we were called to do if we can just grab ahold of the wisdom that we hold the key to the happiness and joy in our life. It's not the man that said you'd never amount to anything, it's not the girl that told you you were ugly, it's not even the teacher that told you you'd never amount to anything because in the end when the lights go out and the day has spread its light, there's that time at night when we have to lie there in bed and discover another night with the pain , the false beliefs, the doubts and despair or we can smile and choose to bring back our goals to be that person writing the perfect story for all to have hope by. Your story might be your song or your painting, it might be your child's smile or a brothers I love you, I'm not sure -- the important thing is if we don't latch back onto that dream, that hope, that goal then we will always have that candle unlit in the dark wondering what if -- nothing in life is worth dieing on the inside while we're still alive. Rejoice my friends and make your life the best you can and do it starting today. Let the hurt and depression, the let downs and the nay sayers have their lies and pain back. Take your love and your hope and develop yourself into all that you ever wish to be. This will give you back all the pizzazz you ever needed to live your best life now.
    Bless You All.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
    angelic333, Lavender and Ryan like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Your thoughts here are wonderful, Herbie. You are a pathfinder to helping us all live and love ourselves and others better.

You should have a talk show on radio or tv to inspire us all.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. Hiawatha922

Hiawatha922 Peer Supporter

Thanks Herbie, this is wonderful. The power of perception is enormous! So often, we take all of our perceptions as truth when, in fact, they are often strongly shaped by delusion.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

You are so right Hiawatha922, I remember when I first started reading a book called "A Course in Miracles" I caught myself many times the whole month with my attention on fear based thoughts -- so much, so often, I was astounded.
    It's a huge hurdle to catch yourself each time you're thinking of a bad perception or illusion. I was catching them the whole week for sure and then I would change my thoughts back to gratitude, what can I be thankful for. And then at other times I would repeat affirmations like "I love you, you're beautiful, the day is full of hope and peace, I am peace, I am Blessed", etc...
    That combination of tools for catching and changing my perspective mind from wandering in the ether and then bringing it back to gratitude was an awesome feeling.
    I was taking control of my thoughts and it was truly amazing to me, still is. The thing is I caught myself doing this all day long and then the next and onto the next.
    I then read something to the effect that if I can keep my mind on wholesome, potential producing thoughts of hope and achievement then I wouldn't have to wonder with all the thoughts of the inner bully, the inner critic, past, future and so forth. I have been reprogramming my thought waves now for some time and still each day if I even ponder to move in a negative thought line, it's like all of the sudden it takes on a life of it's own, that much power but I also have just as much power to stop it and focus on good things within a matter of seconds now to which when I first started this reconditioning, it was like I was having to be aware the whole day through to keep my thought patterns clean.
    The idea is to just flow from one great thought to the next without pondering all the hurt and disappointing thoughts that can bombard you real quick if you're in the illusion and don't know it. Being aware that your thoughts can take on a life and theme of their own and if you're not aware that it's all your perception is great to know. Afterall it's your illusion and you do have the power to make it better by changing your focus to more positive emotional perspectives.
    We also need to know this is an ongoing strategy, it does get easier after habit starts to set in but if the practice is not kept up then within a day or two you could fall right back into the rut.
    So each day I stay very thoughtful of my perceptions now and it has been some of the best times emotionally I can remember. " Your thoughts do create emotions "
    The great part when you get to this stage is that you are above the unconscious thoughts you didn't even know you were having and you're working in higher energy waves producing some powerful circumstances for your best life now.
    Bless you

angelic333 likes this.
  5. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Thank you Walt, that is very heart warming. I plan to start up some shows on blogtalkradio to talk about these subjects. I just have to get enough folks that would love to chat about these experiences. Have a great week pal. Bless you