1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

No pain in postural muscles, is this still TMS?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by wonder2021, Apr 4, 2021.

1. wonder2021

wonder2021 Newcomer

Hello, for the past 4 months I have had intermittent dull pain, weakness, pins and needles and tingling on my right arm , wrists and fingers primarily and some issues which started a bit later on the left side.
    I also to get some pain , some weakness and twitching around the shoulder blade area.
    MRI showed degenerative changes for C4-C6 and showed a bulging disc “pinching on C6” to the right.

dr. Sarno mentions that pressing on certain muscles in the lateral buttock, the small of the back and the top of the shoulders should be tender or produce pain for most of the TMS patients.
    I don’t have pain in these muscles.

Could this still be TMS?
    Many thanks

2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

I can't speak to MRI results, as I am not a physician. You need to get that out of the way by talking to a TMS practitioner. Aside from that, everything you just described very well could be TMS symptoms.

wonder2021 likes this.
  3. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

I remember I too got hung up on those words when I first read the text....
    That was early on In Sarno's work when he said that.('86-'91) .. later, after watching people with all sorts of other diagnoses recover using the same method, he was certain the TMS principle was at work in all of them (even though the name TMS was becoming obsolete).

He said 'TMS can attack ANY place in the body' in "The MindBody Principle"

He also said 'symptoms go in and out of vogue'... Right now, your symptoms (hand, wrist,arm) seem to be more prevalent than back pain. I have had 'TMS' symptoms in my back, hips, feet, knees,shoulders, arms, chest and hands...even in my teeth.

I have treated it the same way every time. By taking a big 'time out' re-reading the text of Sarno's books, and making lists of things that ought to be bugging me that I have just blown off or become 'ok' with.

In my experience , ANY annoying physical thing that lasts more than a few days is TMS. Period. The proof is that they respond to the Sarno 'therapy'.

peace

wonder2021 and tgirl like this.