1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 4 No more deadlifts

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by tmann1009, Feb 2, 2016.

1. tmann1009

tmann1009 New Member

When this whole thing started (when I was deadlifting)I went to a neurosurgeon who said looking at the MRI, that i can forget about deadlifting and just walk. No running. One doctor said lets do surgery right now and i have no option.
    Man that alone left me so helpless and traumatic that I curled up and did nothing. Was sad all the times and down on life.

But here I am today, feeling a lot better, no surgery, and getting over my fears and will run. I am so close that i want to run!!! I am working on it. The fear is so deep rooted right now that it is very hard.

giantsfan likes this.
  2. Ales

Ales New Member

Just do it tmann1009. I went to neurosurgeon with MRI and he did EMG test. You know what he said?! He said some nasty things to me such as I will probably end in a wheelchair, it's not gona end good. I did not agree with him. That same day dr. Sarno's HBP came to me. And few days later Ozanich's TGPD . "Just do it" sentence in Ozanich's book inspired me to woke up one morning and run my regular 2 miles, of course I was still limping but the fear was gone and the rest is history.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

H i, Ales. I hope you never go back to that quack doctor who said you could end up in a wheelchair. It's wonderful that you then discovered Dr. Sarno and Steve Ozanich. Their TMS books are like miracles for so many of us. How great that you ran two miles despite some pain. Fear not, you are well on your way to being healthier and happier than you ever imagined.

4. tmann1009

tmann1009 New Member

Thanks guys. I will do it!

5. Ales

Ales New Member

Hi Walt, I forgot to mention that I was refering what happened to me about three years ago and since then it's a whole new life. A "bark" to your Labrador(is it?)