1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

No Doubt

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Stella, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Stella

Stella Well known member

When I started reading The Divided Mind recommended by my Pelvic Floor Physical Therapist I had no doubt this was what was going on with me. I had every single personality type characteristic he listed in his book.

I have already found some relief of pain as I started reading the book. I also found as I shared with friends some more slight relief in pain. This is pretty amazing stuff.

I also participated in one of the Saturday chats. The moderator told me, yes, the death of my younger brother when I was 5 would have been abandonment at the conscious and unconscious level. No, I never cried. All the pictures of him were removed. We moved to another house. He was never discussed. We were told "we had to be strong."

I have been crying every since.

2. honeybear424

honeybear424 Well known member

Welcome, SandyRae. :)

We have to remember that there is no sense of time for the child inside of us. To that little girl inside of you, it could have been yesterday that your younger brother passed away. I witnessed this for myself very clearly last week as I journaled and felt the power behind the anger that has been pent up inside for so long. I actually felt like I was that little girl again as I wrote, furiously asking my dad why he never wanted to spend time with me, why he never wanted to be home, and what I did to make him not love me. The grown-up me understands that he was dealing with his own anxiety and unhappy marriage to my mother, but all the little girl inside remembers is the pain of him never really being there. I owe it to myself to hear her now.

Good luck to you!

veronica73 likes this.
  3. Stella

Stella Well known member

Thank you so much for your response. I am so very impressed with this program. I am and plan to be even more of an advocate as I go down this road.

I asked my Mother today if she would like to participate in this program with me -separately and confidentially. She him-hawed. As you describe your situation with your Dad, it is exactly what happened to my Mother. She has such pain from his rejection. She is 86. She may feel it is too late and will be too painful.

But, my Mother says, he always loved you kids.

4. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

Welcome, SandyRae! Thanks for sharing your story and I hope to see you around here :)

5. Explorer

Explorer Well known member

Hi SandyRae! Welcome to the forum. You might want to check out a book called the Great Pain Deception by Steve Ozanich. It's all based on Sarno's work. Steve was a TMS suffer himself. I found the book very helpful with my healing my nerve pain. There is also a section on seperation that I instantly connected with.

Healing is possible for all!
    Susan