1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

No Co-incidence

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Livinginhope, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Livinginhope

Livinginhope Peer Supporter

I tried posting this already, but for some reason it did not come through, so if this is a repeat, I apologize.
    I am now at day 36 and find that it is no co-incidence that I am having more and different pain than when I started. I originally began with back and hip pain, that was painful but manageable. Now I have a brand new knee pain that makes it hard for me to walk down stairs and am just coming out of a week long back spasm. I trust that all this journaling is stirring up many repressed emotions. I thought that I would go to see someone to get an idea if my knee pain was structural or more TMS so went to the directory and found a doctor in my area. This doctor charges $600 an hour with no insurance. I figured that that was as good an incentive as any that I could do this alone. In some ways, perhaps I should welcome these new pains and view them as my road out of the darkness and old fears; my breadcrumbs out of the forest, as it were. Now if I could only get over my fear of eating carbs!

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Livinginhope. That doctor charging $600 an hour and refuses insurance ought to double his rate if he expects to buy his second, or third white Cadillac. I would do what you decided, heal on my own with TMS.

I'm 86 and was reluctant to lift some stuff from my kitchen into my garage this morning... big empty cardboard boxes. I told myself if I felt any pain it would be from TMS because I still have some back ache now and then from emotions I had been repressing (but no longer do). I also told myself, "You can do this; it's a piece of cake." I transferred the boxes, more than I had planned, and even pulled lots of weeds from off the house. I felt a little pain, but that went away after a little while. I felt emotionally much stronger.

So keep working on your way out of pain darkness and don't be afraid of eating carbs. They may put on a few pounds, but they won't kill you. And be sure to enjoy the carb foods or what's the sense of eating them?

3. Livinginhope

Livinginhope Peer Supporter

Thank you so much, Walt. I so appreciate your wisdom and encouragement. I am still trying to figure out if this is structural or TMS, so thought I would give myself a week to settle down. I do intend to do a few stretches to see if it releases some of the tension and then will re-evaluate again. In the meantime, I am trying to work on my anxiety, which I only wish I could sell. I have so much of it lately, that it must be coming along with the pain as an extra bonus.