1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Night time pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Jane2, Mar 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jane2

Jane2 New Member

This forum is so helpful. Thank you. I've been doing so well during the day. Went for a bike ride last weekend for the first time in 5 years! Overall I've had much less pain. Except at night when it flares up and I can't find a comfortable position. It's much harder to stay positive and remember it's just TMS when I'm exhausted. But I searched the forums and read that this is common. I might have believed it was the arthritis causing the pain without the forums support. I am hopeful about regaining my active life. However a good nights sleep would really help. Ibuprofen PM and bodyscan meditation used to work when I had a rough night but it isn't doing anything now. I hope this passes soon. Any suggestions?

2. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

You can try progressive muscle relaxation. That helps a lot of my clients with night pain. Do it before sleep.

You might also consider attending my Rapid Recovery workshop next week. Some of the steps I explain help with night pain as well.

3. Jane2

Jane2 New Member

Thank you Fred.