1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Nicole Sachs podcast S3 Episodes 29 and 30

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by JanAtheCPA, Mar 23, 2023.

1. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Wow - S3/E29 last Friday was amazing and a must-listen (yes, I say that all the time and it's true, every time).
    Nicole answers questions from her listeners in a live podcast, and apparently she's dropping Part 2 tomorrow because there were too many great questions and of course she takes plenty of time to answer them. I swear, there's probably something here for everyone, and listening to the first one was like receiving individual therapy from her (which she no longer does). She makes her opinion known about autoimmune conditions! (no surprise, I agree with her and I've got RA :D)

Please do yourself a favor and listen to these episodes (I can't say for sure that #2 will be as good as #1, but it's Nicole Sachs, people). 4/2 edit: indeed, I found the second half to be just as good, and she even briefly describes Dr. Sarno in active teaching mode during the time when she helped present his seminars :)

Here's part 1 on audioboom (or just use your podcast app, she's on all the main ones like Apple, Google, Spotify, Amazon Music):
    https://audioboom.com/posts/8260983-live-zoom-q-a-pod-part-1-autoimmune-disease-back-surgery-childhood-trauma-and-more (The Cure for Chronic Pain with Nicole Sachs, LCSW / LIVE Zoom Q&A Pod Part 1: Autoimmune Disease, Back Surgery, Childhood Trauma, and More!)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2023
    Cap'n Spanky and Wishfulthinking like this.
  2. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

I'm looking forward to listening to these episodes. Thanks for the heads up! I'm sort of going in order, but I may jump ahead and listen to these.

I think Nichole is an absolute gift to the TMS/mind-body community. Her JournaSpeak stuff is gold. Sometimes she gets a little woo-woo/new agey, but not that bad. I love her enthusiasm and passion!

I think it's important to take all the TMS/mind-body experts with a tiny grain of salt. And I mean, all of them. If their advice makes sense, then take it to heart. If they say something that your skeptical about, then don't sweat it. Take the good stuff and set the other stuff aside. Just don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

julzibobz, JanAtheCPA and Ellen like this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Good bump, Tim ;) It reminded me to listen to part two which was also terrific and which also felt like personal therapy with Nicole.

And I appreciate the reminder to take all advice with a grain of salt. One size does NOT fit all. If it did, the answer would be posted on the main wiki, everyone would recover, and there would be no need for a forum :D

BruceMC and Cap'n Spanky like this.