1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Nice Juxtaposition of these Two Threads

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Tennis Tom, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Ellen and Forest like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, Tennis Tom. Very funny.
    It reminds me of the back page of the Chicago Tribune years ago that had two big photos.
    One was of thousands of people lighting matches at a 4th of July event in the Chicago Stadium.
    a traditional ceremony,
    and another photo below it of a monk setting himself on fire.
    The headline over the page was: "Lighting thrills thousands!"
    The headline writer just wasn't thinking.

Forest likes this.
  3. njoy

njoy aka Bugsy

One day an editor needed something for a space next to a letter from a lady who objected to dirty shopping carts. He quickly found photo of a shopping cart and popped it in. Unfortunately, he didn't notice them word SAFEWAY on the cart.

Predicably, Safeway dropped all their advertising from our newspaper. A month or two later, I made a dumb mistake and this same editor yelled at me about it. I got my revenge, though, by putting up a sign: Everybody makes mistakes. There is no safe way.

Pretty good, I thought, but nothing beats the British front page headline: Queen pisses over London Bridge.

Forest likes this.
  4. njoy

njoy aka Bugsy

Oh, Forest, you would.dancea