1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

News from Georgie Oldfield, from the UK

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Tennis Tom, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

[​IMG]
    Dear Tom,

It's been wonderful to see the outpouring of love and tributes for Dr Sarno since his death just over a week ago. The crowdfunding for the new research study has benefited from physical tributes, which is wonderful, because this could be a significant step towards changing the myth that back pain is due to a physical abnormality and h elp spread the word about the work that is in essence part of Dr Sarno's legacy.

Moving forward, last week Dr Sarno's daughter, Chrstina Horner, sent us the following message - 'On June 22nd 2017 Dr. John E Sarno passed away. A memorial in his honor will be held in the fall of 2017, date to be determined. In lieu of flowers, contributions to the John E. Sarno Memorial Fund will help support continuing the research, study and practice of his work. Contributions (with ‘Sarno Fund’ on the notation line of a check) should be directed to The New York Community Trust, 909 Third Ave, New York NY 10022'

In the meantime I know that all of us working in this field are even more determined to continue to spread the word and reach out to help more and more people with Dr Sarno's amazing work which he persisted with despite so much resistance. Howard Stern is one such person who publicly expressed his gratitude and grief for the loss of such a wonderful person.

Trauma and Recovery
    Dr Sarno's work was based on the understanding that repressed emotions could manifest as physical symptoms. This article by Donna Jackson Nakazawa explains just how adverse experiences in childhood affect us and then our health in later life. It's not all doom and gloom though, so read on to find out some ways she suggests can help people recover from past traumas, which of course is also where SIRPA's work comes in. I must admit I am very excited to be meeting Donna in flesh at our conference in October, so if you would also like to meet her, don't forget to BOOK your ticket!

Best wishes, from Georgie

Georgie Oldfield
    Physiotherapist & Founder of SIRPA

Chronic Pain: your key to recovery - just £5.49 on kindle! Buy it NOW

Soon to be available on Audible!

SIRPA News Update
    [​IMG]
    I am currently undergoing some changes to the way I work clinically in order to offer some support and guidance to people who require advice regarding their situation and their recovery.

1) Free Health Analysis
    One of the changes is to offer everyone new to my work a longer, FREE 20 - 30 minute health analysis by telephone or online. This will enable me to gain some understanding of an individual's condition and situation in order to more easily offer advice re. what might be best for them moving forwards with their recovery journey.

If you have not worked with me and would like to take me up on this offer, then please do email me so we can arrange a time. If you have already had a SIRPA assessment, but did not take up the offer of ongoing support and guidance and feel you could do with some help now, please get in touch explaining the situation to see if you are eligible for this offer.

2) Facebook Live Videos
    The other way I am reaching out to offer more general support is through monthly Facebook Live videos which will be hosted by the SIRPA Facebook page and will provide time for Q&A, so save the time if you would like to join me. The first one will be on Wed 19th July at 12.30pm BST and playback will be possible if you are unable to watch it live.

Get in touch NOW

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Unsubscribe

SIRPA Ltd, 19 Longley Lane, Huddersfield, HD4 6PS, United Kingdom +44 1484 452500

[​IMG]