1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Newbie on SEP

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by npoise, Jun 18, 2017.

1. npoise

npoise New Member

Hello,

I joined SEP yesterday and I live in Singapore. In Jan 2017, I suffered from acute neck pain and muscle spasms, was sent to the Accident & Emergency, I couldn't bend or turn my head to the right. I was given a jab, told to put a collar guard and a week of NSAID. The X-ray showed that I had bulging cervical disc at C5 & C6 and I was doing physiotherapy every alternate day, as the muscle aching around my neck seemed to be coming back one hour or 24 hours after I left my PT. Sometimes, the ache moved to my shoulder or rib. The orthopedic diagnosis was due to the bulging disc, my center of gravity shifted, I was told to sleep on hard mattress, changed pillow, use a roller bag to carry my laptop, not to carry too heavy .... I tried chiropractic too

The on and off aching went on for 3 months till I had another pain attack in Mar 2017, but it was at my right rib. I did research online, usually a cervical disc bulging recovery is 1-12 weeks, my case seemed abnormal. So I went to a spine surgeon for a 2nd opinion. He checked my medical history, suggested full spine MRI and autoimmune test. The autoimmune test came back positive for HLAB27, a gene marker for Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS), I almost fainted on the spot. But there was no fusion detected, a hallmark of AS. Next, I was sent to a rheumatologist. He didn't diagnose any fusion, but he was curious why my muscles from neck to spine were so tensed despite on regular physiotherapy. So I was sent home with NSAID (Arcoxia 90 mg) and muscle relaxant for the next 3 months (till this Jul 2017).

At the same time, I found information on TMS and other natural alternatives. I joined a Facebook Support Group "MindBody Healing with Ralphitness", I was inspired by a post of a lady who recently went into remission through diet and ACV. I tried No Starch Diet and ACV for a few weeks, I don't think I require the diet. Also, I started reading Dr Sarno "Healing Back Pain", I saw myself on most pages, that is why I here.

Lizzy likes this.
  2. Celayne

Celayne Well known member

Hi, I just came to this forum, too. Wow, you've really tried pretty much everything, haven't you? I think that's the story with a lot of us.

Welcome!

3. npoise

npoise New Member

Hi, I have been pain free and off medication for the past 1+ month, but I believe I might have TMS and many repressed emotions, hope to let them go for good.

4. Celayne

Celayne Well known member

Great to be off medication!! If you think you have TMS, you probably do. Dealing with the repressed emotions will help in the long run.