1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie is this tms?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Mustlovedogs, May 23, 2017.

1. Mustlovedogs

Mustlovedogs New Member

I am new and lost. I joined awhile back but never used the site. I have so many symptoms for so long I don't know where to begin other than my pain has been so bad I was bedridden and prayed for death. I have worked on repairing myself and just added journaling to my protocol. I have always felt that my pain had a psychological component. It came on quick and has been devastating and has really impacted my and my families life negatively in so many ways.
    In a nutshell
    The latest episode began February 2015 I had reflux so bad for months walking the floors not sleeping. Finally one night crazy from pain went to e.r.
    The reflux turn in to interstitial cystitis and pelvic floor pain and dysfunction the pain became so bad I had to move in with my mom and let her take care of me. My life was visiting one doctor after another being mis diagnosed and passed on to the next doctor and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with me that would cause that kind of pain
    2016 after working on healing myself I improved to the point where I could actually do a few things I still in pretty housebound and have chronic acute sciatic and long story short since February of this year I have a painful condition on my feet I cannot walk or stand on my feet more than 10 minutes. They are splitting open or like they've been cut with a razor blades. Many times I've been falling to the ground in tears and pain. The thing is usually 1 to 2 things are hurting at the same time it just seems to move around.
    I've had x-rays three MRIs this year, several blood tests. My doctors just cannot figure me out? There still passed me on to a new doctor.
    Are there people like me out there where one condition just empties into another one and they're dealing with more than one condition?

Thanks for reading,
    Kimberly

2. MWsunin12

MWsunin12 Beloved Grand Eagle

Kimberly, The good news is that the Doctors can't figure out why you're having pain, which strongly points to TMS.

I'm happy to hear that you are journalling. It's interesting that while living with your mom, you got more symptoms.

Have you read the Sarno books? Also, Steven Ozanich's "the Great Pain Deception" is really a great book.

3. Mustlovedogs

Mustlovedogs New Member

I just received Steve Ozanichs book and I listened to pod casts also read one of dr Sarnos book. Not quite there yet

4. Enrique

Enrique Well known member

Hi, If yoiu haven't read success stories or watched videos, those can be helpful also. There many here and on other sites as well. They can be very helpful. It is true that the fact that doctors can't find anything wrong is actually a great thing. It points strongly to the TMS diagnosis. It is so much harder to believe that it is TMS when you have an MRI which shows that you have an abnormality and the doctor is saying that is probably the cause. You're in a better position to accept the TMS diagnosis. I'd suggest that you keep increasing your knowledge of TMS and begin to build confidence in that diagnosis. If you have access to a therapist who understand TMS that is a great tool that I've used. With technology these days, it's very easy to do therapy over Skype (which is what I did). Reach out for help if you get stuck. It's sometimes necessary to do that I think.