1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Newbie ... About to meet Dr. Rashbaum

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Lisa G., Dec 10, 2015.

1. Lisa G.

Lisa G. Newcomer

Many thanks for all the suggestions! My cup runneth over with all of your warmth, helpfulness & positivism.:happy:

Dr. Rashbaum said I could still go forward with acupuncture - the only thing that's given me temporary pain relief - as long as I only get the needles, for unblocking my qi. No massage and no cupping, which are geared more specifically to alleviate pain. I'm reluctant to explain this to my dr - he's very much a healer, doesn't try to push anything else like herbs, but has his own way of doing things. Plus the massage & cupping feel so damn good! I also go to a chiropractor who's more into reiki, light trigger point therapy and gentle spinal realignment (with an activator) who's totally into mind-body healing. I really don't want to give these two doctors up. But I also don't want to negate my TMS healing by continuing to see these people for "my back problem.".

2. EricFeelsThisWay

EricFeelsThisWay Peer Supporter

I saw Dr. Rashbaum in November of 2014. He had had a random cancellation on November 3rd and was booked until the beginning of 2105. It just so happened that November 3rd was my mother's birthday, and it's her death at really caused the pain. Maybe she wanted me to see him on her birthday. His office is literally around the corner from my work and I see him on the street every once and a while!! In a city of 8 million people. Talk about "coincidences" all over the place.

3. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

My suggestion would be to drop the accu. and chiro. been there, done that, hundreds of sessions, a waste of money and time. If you need some relaxation table time to get away from the TMS battlefield, I would choose massage for relaxation, good old Swedish style, with the mind-set that it's for relaxation and NOT for healing the back in any structural way. You may like the practitioners who give you your accu and chiro, maybe see them for coffee instead, see how long the "friendship" lasts once the money paid for treatments runs out. Just my 2 cents, as they used to say on the internet--just trying to save you some money and time. Use your time and money towards activities where you are the active one and not being passive on a practitioner's table.

4. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Hi Lisa,

Congrats!

I remember how excited I was when I discovered TMS and how quickly one can get rid of the pain. I was so excited that I started calling all my relatives and friends about it.

Well, the silence at the other end of the line made me realize I needed to keep this one to myself and just refer people to read Healing Back Pain.

So for now focus on your recovery. I agree with Tom. Avoid all physical treatments for pain relief. At this stage you want to build you confidence that you are stronger than TMS.

I am a big believer in acupuncture for physical injuries but not for TMS. It will only delay full recovery.

In addition to attending the lectures (knowledge therapy) it really helps to develop mental and emotional strategies that will help you deal with your subconscious more effectively.

If you have time, join me for a free Rapid Recovery workshop on 01/13/16. I will explain the core steps in the Nine-Step Rapid Recovery plan and how and why the steps work. You will get to design your own plan right on the call and start make improvements right away. See below for details.

Take care,