1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

New week new symptoms

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by NameK, Oct 17, 2018.

1. NameK

NameK Well known member

I was a wreck last week but visiting my therapist really calmed me down. Ever since yesterday I've been experiancing pain in my wrists elbows and my left Achilles tendon and knee which is odd because i had in the bottom of my foot a year prior (plantar fasciitis)

At least I know its anxiety causing it and not anything serious ( I saw my doctor yesterday and she said it looks fine it's just my anxiety. And her and my therapist both are saying it's good I'm aware of it as alot of people are not.

I just find it crazy how anxiety can give you joint and muscle pains out of nowhere

Snowman likes this.
  2. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

I knew your doctor was going to say you were fine. :) And now that she has, I can say this (because I don't like speaking before someone has seen their doctor since I'm not one): based on your earlier posts, I was 100% certain anxiety was the root of your problems. That's why you're able to go an entire week without symptoms when you aren't as anxious.

Your shift in symptoms is totally normal, and more proof that this is all stemming from emotions. Now that you know you weren't floxed or suffering from a permanent reaction, your brain is moving to other symptoms. This is called the symptom imperative: http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/The_symptom_imperative (The symptom imperative)

Don't fear or obsess over the symptoms. Don't make your world revolve around "TMS" (it's nothing more than the mind-body connection that affects every single person on this planet to some degree) and "healing" (there's nothing to heal from - experiencing symptoms when one is stressed is part of nature). You don't want to approach this journey with the same fear and obsession you had with floxing. It's all about calming down yourself and your body. Focus on things you enjoy, managing emotions in general, love and forgiveness, and living a life you truly love.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    Snowman and NameK like this.
  3. Snowman

Snowman Peer Supporter

Great news. I went for a private blood test yesterday. Was seen buy myself under a microscope. Had live blood and dry blood. Which can show a Lot about what's going on if there is anything . Also did some eft tapping while I was there to calm down and it's worked.

4. Pietro Carloni

Pietro Carloni Peer Supporter

hi NameK,
    I understand how you feel.
    Personally after the first two months spent working according to the programs listed on the website on my sciatica I managed to get more than appreciable results.
    The problem is that since then I have experienced other types of pains such as: dental pains; ear infection; pains behind; pains in the upper back; gastritis (recurrence); colitis (recurrence), pains along the iliac crest; intercostal pains, visual problems; anxiety and panic attacks (note that when I panic attacks the pains disappeared systematically).
    The symptoms were always short-lived compared to sciatica (which has obsessed me for about a year and a half), but they have become my nightmare.

Yet there have been episodes in which I have been able to put into practice the advice collected by the people who write on these pages and I assure you that I experienced an almost instantaneous disappearance of symptoms. I did it when I decided with faith it was time to relax and think about things that I really like.

Because the problem, in my case and I believe for many other people, is that after so much suffering I forgot how to relax and, above all, what things in life have made me and make me happy.

The advice that I give to you, as I give to myself, is to live what you really like, because if you keep your mind busy doing something nice you can also live your life peacefully in the present.

Greetings and good luck.
    Peter