1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

New to TMS. Searching for Practitioner.

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Andrew Mullins, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Andrew Mullins

Andrew Mullins New Member

Hello All,

I'm new to this entire concept. I purchased the book Healing Back Pain and have been reading that. I also purchased Dr. Schubiners course and have begun that. However, I feel overwhelmed and was looking for some one on one interaction with a therapist or doctor.

Reviewing the TMS wiki didn't uncover anyone local besides the support group.

Does anyone know of a practitioner or doctor in the area around Kansas City that could help?

Thanks so much for all of your help in advance.

Andrew Mullins

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Andrew, we've been checking on this, but the oly TMS doctor in Kansas City can't be found anymore.
    We'll let you know if we can find one.

Meanwhile, keep practicing Dr. Sarno's 12 Daily Reminders.
    You will also find helpful Steve Ozanich's book, The Great Pain Deception.

It isn't more knowledge you need but maybe just more believing 100 percent that your pain comes
    from TMS repressed emotions. That's key to healing.

3. David B

David B Well known member

Andrew, I am pretty new to the TMS journey but if your TMS is causing back pain I would highly recommend Dr Hanscom's "Back in Control". My TMS/MBS (mind body syndrome) presents in a way that causes traditional diagnosis to say its my herniated disc. It meant a lot to me to read a book by an accomplished spine surgeon describing his personal and patient/experiences. He also provides the framework of the program he uses with his patients and points you to the tools he uses.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

David, thanks for helping with advice to Andrew.