1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

New to TMS or in doubts

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by TG957, Nov 24, 2020.

1. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

For those who have doubts whether their unique symptoms are TMS, for those who are losing hope that they would ever recover from pain, please, watch this film.

I posted this link few days ago, but now I watched this film myself and I can't praise it enough. I find it being much more powerful than All That Rage about Dr. Sarno, because this one is meant to walk you through the healing process rather than focusing on the story about the doctor or the filmmaker himself.

When I joined this forum 4.5 years ago, I did not know much about Dr. Schubiner, he was just another name on the list of the TMS doctors, but I now understand how lucky is each and every one of his patients, I wish I was one of them!

I wish I had this film available to me when I was going through my struggles with pain and having serious doubts about ever getting better, let alone completely beating my pain. I would have watched it every day, to convince myself that my symptoms were not unique and that I would heal, much like every one of those patients featured in the film who go through the difficult job of unlearning their pain. Even though I no longer have chronic pain or dystonia that tortured me for 2 years, this film is so uplifting and convincing, I would watch it again!

If you are new to TMS and are figuring out how to approach it, this film could be your holy grail and key to the door that seems to be forever locked.

http://www.thismighthurtfilm.com/ (THIS MIGHT HURT)

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks for posting this, but I'm only able to access the trailer for the film at this link. I've been looking forward to this film for a while, as I adore Dr. Schubiner and his book Unlearn Your Pain saved my life.

I've searched online, and can't find a way to watch the entire film. What am I missing?

3. TG957

If you select Buy The Film menu at the top of the screen, you can purchase a streaming copy of it here:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/this-might-hurt-film--2#/ (This Might Hurt film)

Ellen likes this.
  4. Mark1122

Mark1122 Well known member

i just bought it, thanks for this info.

TG957 likes this.
  5. TG957

6. Sita

Sita Well known member

7. Idearealist

Idearealist Peer Supporter

I liked it a lot. Makes me wish I could see Dr. Schubiner.

Jeather and TG957 like this.
  8. Jeather

Jeather Peer Supporter

He has an online program, and you can contact him/email him through it. I did. I asked him about my MRI results, and he confirmed TMS. I emailed him a couple times more when I was most desperate over the last couple years, and he responded with great compassion. The messages were short and sweet and to the point. They kept me hoping.

TG957 likes this.