1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

New to this - TMS

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stuh666, Dec 22, 2019.

1. stuh666

stuh666 Newcomer

Hi all,

Having spent the last couple of weeks viewing this forum (some great advice) I felt now is the time to register and contribute.

In March this year, totally out of the blue I started with a rapid heart rate. Fearing the worst and a potential heart attack (my grandad died of a heart attack at 51, and my uncle had recently undergone tests) I rushed to A&E and was given a beta blocker to bring my heart rate down. At the time I was hysterical and thought I was going to die!

The same happened the following morning and this time I was given a course of beta blockers and referred to Cardiology.

Roll on nine months and whilst I’ve been given the all clear by Cardiology the heart I’ve had endless tests for chest pain, rib pain, unexplained weight loss, neck pain, back pain, pelvic pain, knee pain, elbow pain and tingling and numbness in arms and fingers.

A couple of weeks ago I met a GP at my surgery who mentioned TMS and this website.

I’m looking forward to chatting with you all and in particularly if there is anyone here from the UK who is interested in connecting locally and sharing resource in UK related advice and services please give me a shout.

2. Looking for space

Looking for space Peer Supporter

I wish I did live in the uk, Ireland really lol! But the symptoms you describe ive had and more. Ive had chest/ rapid beat, ribcage pain, red spots on legs fingers, (joints), tendinitis, rash unexplained, both itchy and non itchy, fear in general of life, piriformis, rectal pain, muscle spasms, nueropathy, unknown origin, high libido, no libido, dizziness, I could go on.
    TMS is hell.
    Aaron

3. stuh666

stuh666 Newcomer

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the reply.

Over what period have you had all these symptoms? and do they just come and go?

In October I foolishly said to myself I would be be better for Christmas, surprise surprise I’ve gradually got worse this last week and spent most of today in bed feeling worse then ever.

4. Looking for space

For 37 years now. Since age 20. But TMS kicked in to render me with no identity in 2002. I listed many things. Some I was able to talk myself out of and calm myself down about. The worst issues I go through now is , anxiety (generalized), fear to confront people, people pleasing, and a double foot small fiber nueropathy with no known etiology.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  5. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi stuh666,

With all respect to Looking for space, I want to interject that you're experience with symptoms will not be the same as Lfs. It never is because we're unique. I believe Looking for space is engaging the Structured Education Program now, and I highly recommend this for you too.

Read success stories every day, focussing only on the initial entry, not on "what can I do to get better?" responses. For each success story, substitute your own symptoms for the specifics for each case as you read them. Regardless of symptoms, it is all the same "propensity."

This is Looking for space's experience. For most folks however, knowing you're prone to TMS means the ending of hell. Believe me!

Your GP gave you a great gift by sending you here. And you've been cleared of anything serious, apparently. As you're learning, pressure to get better is part of the pattern which gets us into this TMS stuff to begin with... You're already lining up important pieces for your recovery. Welcome to the Forum and good luck in your work.

Also, for direct help in UK Georgie Oldfield and her students offer help ala TMS methods...

Andy

6. Looking for space

7. Looking for space

I don't think that I'm wrong in saying that TMS is hell, the symptoms are Hell. until you know what you have and you know that you have a way out!. TM as pain is hell that has been my experience the pain and the suffering is awful. but once you know what you have and you learn more and more and more about it and you keep learning and then you connect with someone who can help you hopefully remember what it is you're brain is trying to hide then you've won!
    Aaron

8. stuh666

stuh666 Newcomer

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply. I have been in touch with Georgia Oldfield here in the UK and doing some one to one sessions with one of her colleagues (Zoe Thompson). I think my biggest issue is that I want to be back to how I was before now and I need to understand that the healing is going to take time.

I will certainly look at the success stories and substitute my symptoms. You mention the Structured Education Program, is this different to the Pain Recovery Program?

Regards,
    Stu

9. Looking for space

I've read and re-read several books so I'm at a place where I need to talk to a TMS therapist.
    I want to do that. Hopefully that happens soon after Christmas or New Year's.

10. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

They are different. Both are listed at the Wiki on the left column I believe. Both are good. The SEP gives you more encouragement to respond in journal form. You can use both simultaneously too.