1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

New to this forum

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by BarbaraC, Jan 23, 2021.

1. BarbaraC

BarbaraC Newcomer

Hi everyone,

I've been reading you, on and off, for a few years. I first read about Sarno's work 12 years ago, when I was completely paralyzed by a lower back pain that kept me in a state of misery for more than six months. In hindsight, I realize that I've been a tmser for as long as I can remember. Among the many torments I suffered through the years:

- Extreme stomach pain (unable to eat for months)
    - Constant nausea for weeks at a time
    - Several gallbladder attacks (doctors couldn't find anything wrong with it)
    - One leg getting completely frozen for no reason
    - Severe migraines
    - So much pain in one eye, I thought I would go blind
    - Unexplained tooth aches
    - For 4 months, unable to close my mouth properly (as if my lower jaw had suddenly come forward and my teeth wouldn't slot together anymore)
    - Paralyzing lower back pain for six months (and on and off afterwards)
    - Epicondylitis (for more than a year)
    - Carpal tunnel syndrome
    - Torticollis
    - Burning tongue
    - Frozen shoulder
    - Extreme calf tension (so much that I tore them twice)
    - Locked hip
    - Burning pain in the sesamoids (unable to walk for weeks)
    - Plantar fasciitis symptoms lasting for weeks at a time

I think that sums it up, lol. I'm 49, married, three children, work as a translator (English/French), live in Montreal (Canada).

The reason I decided to sign up to this forum is that lately, I feel the need to talk and exchange about what I'm going through, with people who really understand tms. In some way, the pandemic had made some of my symptoms worst than usual (and I guess I'm not the only one).

Thanks for accepting me,

Barbara

plum, TrustIt, Balsa11 and 4 others like this.
  2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Barbara, welcome! You seem to have all the qualifications (aka symptoms) to join a TMS forum :=). This is a great place to find advice, encouragement, knowledge and even make friends. Read, ask questions, absorb, heal!

TrustIt, Balsa11 and Ellen like this.
  3. BarbaraC

BarbaraC Newcomer

Thanks for your kind words, TG957. :)

TG957 likes this.
  4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome @BarbaraC! We've got some great resources, and I encourage you to take full advantage! Feel free to read my profile, which concludes with an ever-growing list of my favorite TMS things, here and elsewhere.

~Jan

5. BarbaraC

BarbaraC Newcomer

Thank you, Jan. :)

6. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

Pair psychological empowerment with physiological conditioning and somatic relaxation

7. tb_player

tb_player New Member

Hi Barbara, welcome! I'm new here too, but I've already been encouraged by what a wonderful and kind community this is. It's great to find a group of people that can really relate to what I'm going through more than anyone in my personal life. It's encouraging and has filled me with a new sense of hope. I hope you're able to find the same sense of encouragement!

TrustIt and JanAtheCPA like this.
  8. BarbaraC

BarbaraC Newcomer

Hi Tbplayer,

I'm sure I will! Thanks for welcoming me. :)