1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

New to this forum - Coming from TMSHelp Forum

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Lily Rose, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Lily Rose

Lily Rose Beloved Grand Eagle

It was recommended that I visit this forum in addition to the other one. Both are proving to be rather amazing! I don't know if cross-posting is acceptable, so I will just not do it until I know otherwise. I did my intro post under Broken Child, which gets the bulk of history stated up front. This gets it out of the way.

I am fully aware of my issues, and the darkness of them. I also have an excellent Coping Toolbox. What I am now seeking through TMS, is to start filling up my Healing Toolbox.

Pain has been a part of my life since 12 years old. Two and a half years ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. The meds I take have significantly improved my life. The diagnosis, on the other hand, left me with some despair. Keywords given were: Chronic, lifelong, incurable.

I don't believe in absolutes like 'Never' 'Impossible' 'Forever'.

I especially don't care for dependence. I'm a control-freak at heart. I dislike being at the mercy of someone else for my care. The meds make me dependent. However, I will keep taking them until I am ready to plunge off the TMS Cliff. Until then, I will observe, listen, ask questions .. and take small steps towards this goal. Being a 'slow cooker', this is my way.

I am a yoga instructor of almost 10 years, which has saved my sanity.

This TMS community ... it feels like I have fallen into Alice's rabbit hole. It is a whole different world, with a whole different (and wonderful) collection of possibilities.

With gratitude
    ^_^

Birdie likes this.
  2. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

Chronic, lifelong, and incurable huh? Aren't doctors supposed to be healers? The nocebo effects from the fibro diagnoses are mind-numbing. Over the past 12 years Ive seen many come and go who were crippled by their doctor's words. I've just written several new articles on the topic of doctors injuring people through dire warnings, which are limiters on the human potential. They need to focus more in medical school on the power of their words, for good or bad.

All the people with fibro heal, or get dramatically better. I keep in touch with most of them when I can. But I've also seen video testimonials on those who have healed. Where there is a symptom there is a reason for it.

If you want to heal, you need to grow from within and transform your life. Make the lily rose bloom. Gather the knowledge and don't let people confuse you with mixed advice. There are some basics that you need to know, and stick to hope, it will guide you until you're free. Only you can free yourself, no one can do it for you. Fill your tool box with the proper tools and you will be amazed. It's not unusual to have pain begin at age 12, many if us had it, and healed. Good luck,

Steve

3. Lily Rose

I feel rather star-struck ....

Thank you for the inspirations. I do believe I can heal. I just have to get a good grasp of the tools and how to use them.

A psychiatrist told me that medical doctors are good for acute issues. Emergencies and all that. They are not good for chronic issues. They simply do not have the training. Nor do they have the motivation. Really. If they make me all better, then they lose my business. And the drug-pushers lose business. Even some alternative health methods don't seem to fully want you to heal. I went to chiropractors for years. They never gave me crucial information. Once the joints are in place, it is necessary to retrain the body to keep them from going out again. Leaving out that information means repeat business.

However, I am here now. My Ego is perfectly willing to accept that TMS is real. It makes sense. Thanks to you, and Dr. Sarno ... a whole bunch of people are finding relief.

Thank you again for taking the time to write to me. Honestly ... yeah, star struck! ^_^

quert likes this.
  4. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Lily Rose, I to received a fibro diagnosis a few years ago. At the time I was relieved to have something "real" to hang my hat on. Years and years of tendonitis, aches and pains and PT and shin splints and keloids and skin issues and blah, blah, blah...

It's been 3 months since I read Sarno's book and then I recently finished Steve's book. My pain levels are down at LEAST half. The shin splints that have crippled me for 10 years are pretty much history. Ha...true story...on today's walk, I told my husband. "Ma gosh! I haven't even THOUGHT of my shin the past few weeks!" And then guess what started aching tonight? I massaged my leg a little and am telling it to shut up.

I feel like I'm getting so much more than just physical health back. I feel like a whole new world is opening up. I'm moving into new areas that've I've held back from because of fear of pain or mental funk.

I'm glad you're here..this is a great group of people to journey with.

And yeah, Steve....your presence here is such a gift. Thank you for your contributions. Zig Ziglar talks about having a "Wall of Gratitude" where one thinks of the people that have positively impacted you and have helped you. You're on my wall. :)

Lily Rose and quert like this.
  5. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome to the new forum, Lily. Anyone who has lived with TMS pain has a special connection, and everyone with TMS is very welcome here.

Steve has stated it so beautifully, so I don't know if there is anything I can add other than to mention that I, too, was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. In fact, I was diagnosed by Dr. Don Goldenberg, a FMS author and one of the people who first wrote the ACR criteria for fibro diagnosis (a terrible thing - if it wasn't for those diagnostic criteria, with there tender points, we'd probably be a much healthier nation). Dr. Goldenberg wasn't able to help me and it wasn't until I began accept that I had TMS that I was able to get my life back. As Steve mentioned, FMS is definitely something that you can heal from. If you want to learn about my recovery from FMS, just click on this link for a video I made of my success story.

I think that you are very wise to think in terms of building tools for your toolbox. TMS healing is about learning to listen to your mind/body/spirit's needs and pay it the attention that it wants and deserves. When you pay it that attention, you will know which of the tools at your disposal is the right one for the job.

Lily Rose likes this.
  6. njoy

njoy aka Bugsy

I also was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. It was horrible, very painful. Finally, it occurred to me, "hey, this is tms" I promptly had a 6 month "cure" with not a twinge! So when it came back I didn't believe it for one second. Fibro is a good sign for me to start soothing my inner angst. That's all it is.

Hey Forest can we cross post or not?

MontanaMom and Lily Rose like this.
  7. Lily Rose

It is so bewildering to experience so much support ... support that is fully understanding the issues. In this, I have been so isolated, and curled up so tight inside. The image in my head is one eye peeking cautiously over a well-constructed fortress wall, and not quite believing the vision that the warfare may be ending ...

I live in a very visual world ;)

Inner anger - I have never permitted anger. Anger is dangerous. Anger can destroy. I have no idea how to safely channel anger. This is one thing that I obviously need to learn.

I am patient. One of the traits I like about myself. Being on this new path (with this forum), I will explore the trails, enjoy the abundance of flowers, and see where the trail eventually leads.

^_^

MontanaMom likes this.