1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

New to the forum and excited to be aboard the TMS boat!

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by donavanf, Dec 23, 2014.

1. donavanf

donavanf Well known member

Forest, thank you for the warm, wise (and humorous) welcome! :happy:

And thanks to everyone for the generous, insightful and encouraging words. I'm so glad to be here, among so many bright minds and beacons of hope! So much to think about, yet I know that the answer is not just in my thinking, but in my UNTHINKING. It is in the UNLEARNING of my pain (thank you, Dr. Schubiner) that the TMS cure awaits. I feel like I am trying to steal the key to my destiny (a pain free existence) out of the mouth of a dragon (my fear and rage) and the key is already in my pocket. It was there all along and the dragon (my unconscious mind) is merely a messenger (ouch), whose fire is a very convincing illusion, a smokescreen of pain, a tough love letter that is saying my life isn't working. In this way, TMS is a gift. It is a message, a painful one to bear at times, but like many important messages, it comes cloaked in the garments of a lesson. The "lesson" is to lessen, to loosen, to lighten up and to live!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
    Dahlia and Anne Walker like this.