1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

New TMS blog exploring chronic pain and Christianity

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Would be TMS practitioner, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Hi guys,

As part of my healing journey, I've started a blog to help me process my learning. I've decided to aim it at other Christians, who might have questions about how the theories behind TMS fit with their faith.

Do check it out! I will be giving much love to the TMS Wiki at every opportunity!

mbssyndrome.wixsite.com/mysite

Emma

plum likes this.
  2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Hello Emma,

I wish you well in your healing and in your exploration of TMS and faith. Two of our Beloved Grand Eagle's @Eric "Herbie" Watson and @Walt Oleksy are Christians and they co-authored a book. Here is the link on Amazon UK:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/14...36_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=eric+watson+god

I think you'll enjoy and gain a lot by reading the forum postings by both gentlemen. They are kind and good souls, and immensely generous with their time and contributions to this place.

God Bless,

Plum x

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Emma,

I wish you well in your inquiry! I appreciate that you are deeply investigating how TMS is related to the spiritual life. I think this is an important inquiry, important for anyone who investigates their experience deeply into this magical life we have, including outside the path of Christianity.

I've noticed a consistent personal expansion which most people who investigate their lives around TMS experience. This can range from relatively minor expansion/insight to very profound world view changes, including that "miracles do happen."

In a sense TMS is an ally of spirituality: The human spirit wants to expand with support of the All. In a soul's journey, TMS takes us closer to truth. It may start with human truth, getting clearer about personality, issues, Inner Critic, etc. Any movement toward more truth leads to more clarification, and more love. And love is foundational in understanding our spiritual life, in my opinion.

Here is Howard Schubiner's post about the layers of personal discovery. He does not mention spirituality, but he takes us right up to the edge.

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/how-deep-have-you-gotten-layers-of-health-in-coping-with-tms-mbs.7709/ (Dr. Schubiner's Blog - How Deep Have You Gotten.Layers of Health in Coping with TMS/MBS:)

Andy B

4. Emma

Thanks Plum, will do! x

5. Really interesting thoughts Andy - I think I agree. I think the more we learn about how we work, we have to keep on reintegrating ourselves and our beliefs, but it's a rewarding kind of work.

Id be really interested to have your feedback on my blog if it interests you.

All the best,

Emma