1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

new stuff

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mbo, Oct 13, 2022.

Tags:
  1. mbo

mbo Well known member

Sita likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

@mbo, can you include some info about what this is? Who made it, what's the specific topic/purpose of the video, and especially how long is it? I don't recognize the guy or the logo.

3. Duggit

Duggit Well known member

The guy shown above is Dr. Mark Lumley, a psychologist at Wayne State University who has collaborated on chronic pain research with fellow Michigander Dr. Howard Schubiner, e.g., Lumley, Schubiner et al, Emotional awareness and expression therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, and education for fibromyalgia: a cluster-randomized controlled trial, Pain. 2017 Dec;158(12):2354-2363.

The video can be found on this website: https://themindbody.org (Home). This website appears to be a one-woman operation, specifically a woman named Marjorie. No last name given. The "Our Mission" section of the website in part states this: "In May of 2017, my father was cured of decades of chronic back pain. With a condition that had been deemed ‘degenerative’ by many top doctors, it was a miracle he was healed. It was this miraculous healing that began my personal mission to raise awareness for a way out of chronic pain. What I have found in my past five years of study is that healing exists for many, many individuals suffering from chronic pain. I have dedicated my scholarship to how fear (particularly the fear of unwanted emotions) is connected to chronic pain.” No institutional affiliation is provided relating to her scholarship.

I don’t know if the website is currently being updated. A link to connect to a newsletter does not connect to anything, at least when I tried it.

. .

Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
    JanAtheCPA likes this.
  4. fredZ9

fredZ9 Newcomer

it's good Duggit, Thanks for sharing