1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

New stress in my life... Coping all these is a feat

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Xara, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Xara

Xara Peer Supporter

Well I could not say I am doing great with the program, as I described in another post. I had changed though the way I face some problems and the daily routine- I am doing more happy things. My instability comes and goes and my anxiety about this - or about the way I confront this has limited up...
    So, last week my husband got ill and had to do the covid test. Public health here has almost collapsed and we are still waiting for the result. Besides this, pressure at job increases and many of my beloved colleagues decided to have sabbatical instead of being threatened every day of being fired or moved to another town to work.. I feel I will be alone in a stressful, anger- productive job with no alternative at the moment. ( High rate of unemployment, the main income at home is by me ).
    These are enough I think, even though I didn't have tms problems... And they reinforce my confusion about: is it tms? Is it simply severe anxiety, depression etc? Is there a health problem that could not be found? Or is it all of these together?
    I really find it hard to cope with all these among journaling, seeking myself etc. Feel somehow overstuffed? Mean full of thoughts.
    I would appreciate any suggestions etc
    Ps. Maybe is there an explanation why all my symptoms are more intense in the morning, until 4 pm ???

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

This might be like the "Sunday evening" syndrome, where symptoms increase before work Monday. In this case, if you work until 4:00 or 5:00, there is a relief at about that time, as your mind moves toward not being under the stress of work.

I suggest you entertain a reason(s) for this increase, and put it in your evidence sheet. Don't try to fix it as much as observe it, confirming the pattern.

Any kind of oscillation in symptoms can help you get traction in your TMS work. Then, if you can correlate the oscillation with outer or inner conditions, this deepens this area of your understanding. Very helpful!

Andy

Xara likes this.
  3. Xara

Xara Peer Supporter

I feel so stupid.... Indeed I work until 4 pm. I feel so much anger - conscious- about this, resentment too, I mean the fact that job contributed to this horrible situation.
    Somehow I begin to realize the triggers of my situation but I am feeling anxious about the way I am going to cope it...
    When someone is at this situation feels more vulnerable, less strong, less decisive.
    Anyway, tnx. Others' opinion can be very insightful