1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

New stomach issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by twocups88, Dec 9, 2022.

1. twocups88

twocups88 Well known member

Hi everyone. I have made a few posts on here last year about stomach issues I was having. Still have them but they are slightly better. I never had any test run because I couldn’t afford it and I didn’t feel like going through all of it. My new symptoms seem to be with the upper stomach. No appetite, burping all the time, some slight nausea, bloating. I’m type 2 diabetic so I’m worried it could be Gastroparesis but still I can’t afford testing at this time. I’m just sick of dealing with all this. I want to enjoy the holidays and time with my family instead of scaring the whits out of myself reading health issues on Reddit. Any advice? Please.

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

@twocups88, you've been posting for over two years, and I know you know that no one here can give you medical advice. If you have physical symptoms that concern you, you must be examined by a medical professional.

That being said, ALL physical conditions and symptoms, whether caused by TMS or by an injury or illness, can benefit from employing mindbody mindfulness and relaxation techniques. And IF your symptoms are the result of emotional distress due to repressed emotions, then doing the TMS emotional work in addition to learning mindfulness, will lead to recovery - IF the emotional work is done with integrity and commitment.

In August, when I said that you need to "do the work", this was your reply:
    So where are you at with that?

TG957 likes this.
  3. twocups88

twocups88 Well known member

I haven’t been going to my therapist because I don’t think they are the right one for me. I have to find another but it’s hard in my area.

4. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

If you can’t find a therapist you can do this work here for free. You know that. There are also therapist who work via the internet. I received all my coaching and therapy through zoom. Do the reading, too. One of the very first things that is said is to stop Googling (or reddit) your symptoms.
    The truth: only you can help yourself, and you CAN help yourself with dedication snd commitment. If you need a therapist they need to be a mind body therapist. Or you can do a free program, join an online group coaching… there are many options but it’s up to you.

TG957 and JanAtheCPA like this.
  5. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

TG957 likes this.