1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

New Steve Ozanich book

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mike2014, Jan 10, 2016.

1. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi All,

I remember SteveO mentioned he's writing a book on back pain some time ago. I've seen that he's mentioned a book called "Back Pain: Myths, Lies, and Confusion" on YouTube. Does anyone know when this will be published? Thanks

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  2. Renee

Renee Well known member

I don't know, but personally I would love it if he could write about other issues such as pelvic pain. There are already so many books about back pain including his first book. But I guess I'm just biased because of my pelvic issues.

3. mike2014

I think at the end of the day, a lifetime could be spent writing books on different symptoms. One book should fit all symptoms.

However, since most Tmsers, myself included, want to home in, and find out about a specific issues, it could be useful if all TMS Dr's collectively created a central "directory", with a stack of success stories on as many symptoms as possible. Similar to that of the spontaneous remissions project.

Now saying that, I'm looking forward to reading your book on pelvic pain, once you've healed :)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  4. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

It's going to be the same info .....he should leave well enough alone... Is first book was pure genius and meant to help all Tms ers

The second book is just about Capitalism.....

IrishSceptic and Markus like this.
  5. Renee

Renee Well known member

I love your cynicism Marco!

6. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

I agree, I wish someone would write about pain in general. I know a few of us have nerve ending pain and I must say I never feel that these books really quite apply to me. Things like back pain and carpel tunnel etc. make sense to me, but nerve ending pain does not.

7. mike2014

I can be as skeptical as anyone, but since SteveO bought us a masterpiece to the table in The Great Pain Deception, I refuse to pass comment. I have a feeling he'll be on his A game and bring something equally spectacular to the table.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  8. Boston Redsox

Mike

Let's be honest how much else can he offer pain is pain ....whether it's back pain hand pain ass pain all rules apply how much more can he squeeze this lemon...

It kind of takes the shine off TGPD

IrishSceptic likes this.
  9. Boston Redsox

Thx

10. banjoman

banjoman Peer Supporter

I've worked with Steve and he's totally committed to the vocation of helping people with TMS. Back pain is epidemic, possibly the most common form of TMS pain. I imagine this book is titled in such a way as to appeal to as wide an audience as possible and introduce them to TMS and the hope of real, longterm healing.
    And Marco, why is making a living a bad thing?

11. thecomputer

thecomputer Well known member

Just because you've created something great doesn't mean you stop! The opposite. You strive to do better and possibly approach from a different angle, maybe more concisely, possibly reaching a different group of people. Steve does seem very committed to just helping people.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.