1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

New NYTimes article about Dr. Sarno's work:

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Michael Kadoch, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Michael Kadoch

Michael Kadoch New Member

2. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

I think the comments on this article are very typical for how people usually react to the TMS theory.
    1 person believes it
    2 persons acknowledge the possibility that there could be some truth to it
    8 persons dismiss it completely and come up with all the usual (boloney-)arguments why it is boloney.

Conclusion: Healthcare costs won't decrease in the next twenty years...
    :)

Ellen and Forest like this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Glad you posted the New York Times article on TMS.
    I read it and the comments.
    And thanks, Gigalos for your post on the results from readers.
    I guess some people would rather spend a lot of money on medical treatments than
    try TMS, but to me that isn't very smart. I say give TMS a try. It's free and has
    made thousands pain-free.

4. Stella

Stella Well known member

thanks for posting and passed it along to others

5. Chuck

Chuck Peer Supporter

This was interesting simply because the author, Tony Schwartz, wrote about TMS for, I think, the New Yorker in the 80s. The fact that he was able to use the TMS approach to overcome a relapse, so long after he first recovered, is a great testament to anyone suffering from a relapse themselves.

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

TMS knowledge is great to have at any time, and we can count on it to get us well again if
    we have a lapse back into pain. New stresses, new triggers, can whack us again at any time.
    It's the numero uno tool in my healing bag.