1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Markus3488, Sep 3, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Markus3488

Markus3488 Newcomer

I deal with pelvic floor dysfunction do guys have any tips on how to cure this?

2. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

What are your symptoms?

3. Markus3488

Markus3488 Newcomer

Tightness,frequent urination, incomplete evacuation.

4. Markus3488

Markus3488 Newcomer

And i think when i am angry or sad my symptoms are worse

5. FredAmir

For some reason, TMS or otherwise there is a lot of tension there. Couple of suggestions:

1. Try progressive muscle relaxation before sleep and once or twice during the day and see if that helps. It combines mental and physical relaxation to release mental and physical tension. See this video from Johns Hopkins.

2. Do some simple pelvic floor exercises to get those muscles moving and release tension. You can find them on YouTube or work with a physical therapist to make sure your form is correct. These are meant to release tension, so do them gently to help your pelvic floor muscles relax.

Try these two for a week or so and see what happens.

6. Markus3488

Markus3488 Newcomer

What pelvic floor exercises would you specifically recommend?

7. FredAmir

Consult a physical therapist for exercises that are best for your situation.