1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

New member here :) super long!

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Mad, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Mad

Mad Peer Supporter

I'm saying its still too early to claim success, so I'll just introduce myself and give my story as a "hello" to you all.
    I've had migraines and moderate, sporadic depression since I was 13 (I'm 31 now). I began having anxiety issues in my early 20s. My oldest child was born when I was 21, and I was a single mother. At that time my father was an active alcoholic, and nearly died. (He's healthy and sober now!) My twins were born when I was 24- my c-section was very traumatic. A few months later I married their bio...I found out the hard way what a narcissist is- he was abusive to me; mentally, verbally, physically, sexually and financially. And then he physically abused my oldest child. Not long after we split, my PTSD wreaked havoc. I was wrongly diagnosed with bipolar and schizophrenia, and put on tons of awful meds. Fast forward to that fall, my hubby and I began seeing each other. Soon after, my mom and step-dad divorced, and my mom's drinking got way out of hand. Two years of hell, taking care of her while she slowly killed herself. And then one day I went to check on her, and she had passed, likely the day before. Fast forward a few more years- the damage done to me had destroyed my marriage, and my husband left me. A few months later he came back, and we decided to make it work. That was a year ago.

Seven months ago it started...first fatigue, then leg pain. Then horrible flares, flu-like symptoms, sub-normal body temps, neuropathy, cognitive problems, insomnia... I saw my Dr a dozen times, labs and X-rays and mri said I'm fine. Saw a rheumatologist, who said I'm fine. Back to my regular Dr who referred me to a neurologist, then to a psychiatrist. I had enough, I was furious.
    I did a lot of research, and came across the TMS subject. And I read more, watched videos... almost immediately my pain subsided. I went from taking several thousand mg of painkillers a day, to none for the last four days. I fall asleep easily, I wake refreshed. I've started exercising again. I'm happy at work again. I have a long way to go, I've still got some very mild pain...and I'm not going to stop working this program.
    I am SO grateful for this new information, and for all of you people here!!

Ines, Lily Rose, Ellen and 2 others like this.
  2. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

You have been through a lot. It's not surprising you have had so many symptoms as a result. You have done so well with your recovery so far and joining this website will help you further. Welcome to the forum and your new life.

Mad likes this.
  3. Lady Phoenix

Lady Phoenix Peer Supporter

Wow! Thanks for sharing your story! It is wonderful that you empowered yourself and did the research. I also had migraine pain as well as other things. If you haven't read one of the books yet you probably should so that you will understand if your symptoms change and you won't get discouraged. Healing Back Pain or The Mindbody Prescription by John Sarno. Good luck Newcomer!

Mad likes this.
  4. Mad

Mad Peer Supporter

Thanks! I do plan on getting the books...funds just don't allow it at the moment, lol

5. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Many libraries have Sarno's books.

Mad and Lady Phoenix like this.
  6. Ines

Ines Well known member

Amazing! Thanks for sharing.

7. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

Welcome to the TMS fraternity/sorority. There's also work to do to keep it away but the rage drops around 50% with initial discovery, very common. Think about changing your screen name and stay the course. Healing is a journey of self discovery and great discipline. But you've found your answer here.

You have been through too much, it's time for joy to enter your life. Happiness first....

birdsetfree likes this.
  8. Mad

Mad Peer Supporter

My screen name is kind of my name, lol. My name is Madeline, but my friends and family have always called me Mad.

9. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

What a coincidence, my friends and family have always called me mad too! Especially since I dedicated my life to teaching TMS. I wish you wisdom mad person, and great health of course.

Lavender and Mad like this.
  10. Lavender

Lavender Well known member