1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

New member having trouble

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by kminford, Jul 19, 2018.

1. kminford

kminford Newcomer

Hi all,

I am new to all this but am having a hard time right now and need a little support.

I have been dealing with very severe pain in my left leg for around 6 months now. The pain is what wakes me up at through the night and in the morning. It is why I get out of bed. Since I was awakened to TMS, it has gotten a bit better - I can sleep 6 hours at a stretch now! I've been writing, meditating, trying to connect with my feelings, cried, screamed, and have been trying to stay positive but it's so hard. Some days are unbearable still. It got very dark the other evening. I am trying to not make it the only thing I think about but when it's flaring up it's so hard not too. Even when on the rare occasion it doesn't hurt, I end up thinking about that too. I can normally get it to calm down during the day at this point but have no idea how to get in to stop waking me up. If I'm awake, I can try and stop it at the first feeling but I can't do that when I'm sleeping.

Any suggestions? I now go to sleep listening to sleep/trance mediation for healing.
    Side note : I now realize I've had TMS in some form or another since I was very young - ulcers, TMJ, anxiety attacks, depression, vertigo, agoraphobia, psoriasis, back pain, leg pain...

Thanks for any advice.

Kate

2. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Hi Kate, and welcome!
    You say you 've been "awakened to TMS." Are you working your way through the Structured Education Program, by any chance? That's a good place to start. It can be found on this site. It usually takes several weeks to complete, and it will walk you through journaling and other exercises that help you become more aware of the mind /body connection.
    I find that it also helps to read success stories of members (also found on this site.)
    Blessings on your journey to wellness!