1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

New here

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by JenJen, Mar 24, 2015.

1. JenJen

JenJen Newcomer

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and very happy that I found it. I don't know if what I am experiencing is TMS but I am sure that is has something to do with it. I have fasciculations for over 6 months now with different kinds of sensory issues. I read about benign fasciculation syndrome and it fits quite well. Now I also read that this is related to TMS. Pain is not my problem in the first place, allthough I do have back pain and sometimes pain in my feet and fingers, but very minor. My problem is that sensory stuff. Is is typical for TMS? I get tingling sensations in my legs and back, that got better. Now I have a very tight feeling on my scalp and face and the muscles seems to twitch in parts of my face. That tight feeling makes me very anxious. I have been to several doctors, 3 neurologists, had an EMG, SEP and MRI of the brain and spinal cord. No problems there. Anyone here with similar experiences or any ideas?
    I would be very happy to get some opinions.
    Thank you
    Jennifer

2. Helenback

Helenback New Member

Welcome, I too have tingling .....on the left side of my Thoracic rib area. Tight muscles from my left shoulder down to my pelvis. The tight/ contracted hamstrings (a raised rope w/knots) feeling when went away during the first week after reading Dr. Sarno's book. I think that my muscle tightness is causing the nerve tingling. If you've been checked out by Dr.'s and nothing is showing up... It wouldn't hurt to read "The Mindbody Prescription" by Dr. Sarno. To Learn more about this form of treatment/ self-help approach..
    Be kind to yourself. You have found an unbelievable support group here!

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, JenJen and Helenback. I believe you both have symptoms caused by TMS.
    That means repressed emotions, probably going back to childhood.
    And/or a perfectionist or "goodist" personality.

You've come to the right place to get information and advice from others who have TMS
    or who, like me, recovered through TMS knowledge. The Structural Educational Program
    is a wonderful way to discover repressed emotions. Journaling helped me discover mine.

We're all here to help each other. Keep us posted on your progress.

4. lexylucy

lexylucy Well known member

I think these kinds of strange sensation symptoms are common. I would read or watch a bunch of success stories and see if you can relate to anything people are saying :) Welcome :)

5. armchairlinguist

armchairlinguist Peer Supporter

You have two pieces of good news: 1) you got checked out physically and nothing wrong! 2) you don't have pain!

TMS can certainly cause odd sensations. Try to unhook the fear and just notice the sensation for a few moments, then move on. Emptied of any association with injury or illness, it is only a feeling and not good or bad. Eventually if you unhook any reaction to it, and behave normally, it should diminish.

Even though I have pain I also sometimes have tightness, tingling, or heat, if I pay careful attention. Try to pay less attention. If you need to focus on something, consider how you're feeling. :)

6. JenJen

JenJen Newcomer

I thank all of you for your replies and would like to say again that I am very happy to have found this forum. This will be a lot of help for me.

7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

TMS really is amazing, and can be applied to so many aches and pains.
    I have noticed a slight sensitivity in a molar. I haven't needed dental care for many years
    but may have to get the tooth a new filling or pulled. Meanwhile, I think of other things
    and don't feel anything from that tooth.