1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

New here - seeking reassurance

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by SMoon, Jul 28, 2019.

1. SMoon

SMoon Newcomer

hi there,
    My name is Sadie.

I'm new here and plan on starting one of the programs maybe tonight and if not tomorrow, so I shall save my longer story for that post... & I just received my copies of Sarno's books in the mail too, I hope to blaze through them.
    Just reading posts here and more about TMS online has already helped me a lot. One of my biggest issues is migratory body aches and pains/a fibromyalgia of sorts. I still have them but they've already improved which is a blessing. As they got better I had a day or two of happiness, still uncomfortable in my skin with weird ailments but the biggest glimpse of feeling like my normal self I had seen in months...
    Yet now I seem to have a lump in my throat and the sensation of post nasal drip, this is how my journey began earlier this year but I eradicated them with an acupuncturist and a strict diet. She told me my body was inflamed so I listened to her word like the gospel. I think it was a placebo affect because I started developing more odd symptoms the more depressed I became thinking I was going to develop some sort of autoimmune condition and completely removing myself from a social life as I couldn't partake in anything and it made me sad. She told me my stomach was messed up even though I never had issues with it before, out of fear I saw a GI doctor who scoped me and diagnosed me with minimal gastritis though I didn't have any of the symptoms until after I saw him... (TMS) The diet wasn't helping much else so I pushed myself to begin eating more food I enjoy. I was terrified. It didn't change a thing when I did. But about a week into it/the aches and pains lessening the lump came back. I want to attribute it to the anxiety I created revolving around food. I ate chocolate the other night, after having it a few times the days before, and started feeling as though I was regurgitating my food/not being able to burp, etc... I so badly want to believe this is where my TMS has moved but I'm terrified of it being some sort of reflux. It seems to happen even when I'm eating something alkaline. It's also brought back a sense of tightness in my chest that doesn't feel like heartburn and I was experiencing even on the super strict diet... Just looking for some words of wisdom, advice, etc.

- a scared newcomer trying her best

2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Sadie,

Welcome to the forum and to your healing. Rest easy sweetheart, all you describe is very common and entirely typical of TMS.

First things first, read the books because you need the solid foundation of Sarno’s own words for everything else here to truly make sense.

There’s no need to be scared anymore. Read this wonderful success story by @Ellen. Hopefully it’ll give you some reassurance.

https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/recovery-from-20-years-of-fibromyalgia-and-a-lifetime-of-migraines.7924/#post-43808 (Recovery from 20 years of fibromyalgia and a lifetime of migraines)

Hugs,

Plum x

JanAtheCPA and Tennis Tom like this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

@SMoon, welcome to the forum. It sounds like you've found the right place! I can assure you that @plum has given you the best advice for starting out. Keep us posted!

~Jan

4. SqrlGrl

SqrlGrl New Member

Hi! You are ok. I think you’re brave for trying foods you enjoy. I tried that too and was fine. It’s ok to be scared. This is new. I’m new to it as well. We will get better.

JanAtheCPA likes this.