1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

New here and very grateful!

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by andi, Jul 28, 2017.

1. andi

andi Newcomer

First I want to thank everybody for sharing your stories of hope and to all the teachers for your incredible wisdom and generosity. I am new to Sarno's teachings and I am very new to this website. I had a foot injury (out of nowhere) last summer that took several months to heal. Then about 3 months ago, without any accident preceding it, my foot got reinjured. I felt so vulnerable after just standing up and getting injured again that it sent me into a tailspin of PTSD and severe anxiety. I've had anxiety before in my life but never this level of fight or flight for two months nonstop. I went to many doctors and healers and even sought help for the anxiety, all to no avail. My symptoms only got worse. My other foot began hurting. I began having nerve pain, burning and twitching and even started feeling sensations in my knees. It got to where I was even afraid to walk. I became hyper-vigilant about every body sensation and I really didn't know if I was ever going to be OK again. Somehow, and I can't even remember how, I was led to Sarno's books and this website and I have been devouring it all for the last week or so. With the exception of an occasional sensation, all, make that ALL of my pain and anxiety is gone. Today, I walked in the forest, my favorite place on the planet, and I got to be with the creek and the trees that I love and missed so much. I will continue to do this work, journal and stay connected here. I will continue reading and learning and thanking my mind for trying to divert me but let it know that I am willing and able to deal with every emotion. I am also currently searching for a TMS therapist in California who accepts Blue Cross if anyone know of someone. Thank you all and all my very best! :))

MindBodyPT and shmps like this.