1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

New here and in need of reassurance and help.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Austin811, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Austin811

Austin811 New Member

Hello everyone,

Thank you for letting me join the group.

I am new here, but not new to strange symptoms that take up my life for long periods of time!

I've been dealing with anxiety and panic since I was 16 years old, I am 28 now. Over the years I've had many symptoms that I thought were serious diseases and induced fear in me that I would never feel normal again.

Over the years I've had problems with at one point or another...

severe muscle fatigue and aches (chronic fatigue syndrome).
    Sciatica and lower back pain
    Acid reflux, Globus, slow emptying stomach.
    Severe thirst/ dry mouth.
    Depression.
    Heart palpitations
    TMJ
    TInnitus
    Head Pressure feelings
    IBS
    "reactive hypoglycemia"

And currently I've been going through a flare of symptoms that feel like a constant bladder infection, prostatitis, pelvic pain, weak stream. I've had these symptoms in the past (almost 10 years ago) and they went away when the next symptom hit.

I get really obsessive when a new symptom hits and it's all I can think about. This Chronic prostatitis/ IC thing scares me because I feel like I'll never feel normal. I've been checked out by doctors and I have no infection. Prostate feels fine. I saw a pelvic floor therapist last week and she said my lower muscles are very tight. Right now they really really hurt.

I've had this before so. It's just so hard to accept it as an emotional problem and just ignore it. The what if's come. "What if it doesn't go away" "what if your girlfriend leaves you because of this" "what if this is with you forever like all the people you've read about who are suffering for years with this"

I'm just constantly in my own head. I'm reading the divided mind right now, and It's a good read. Just looking for some practical advice that I can do right now that's helped some of you. Has anyone here had symptoms like this before? Did you get better? I see so many hopeless people online that have been struggling online and I feel very depressed.

Sorry for the long winded post.

Snowman and Sofa like this.
  2. Sofa

Sofa Well known member

Friend, you're not alone. The tinnitis is a real number and stresses me out as well. Some of your other symptoms also hit close to home for me as well.
    Sounds like you've been checked out and the docs can't find anything wrong. Also like me.
    I've decided to resume exercising and fully accept that it's TMS. I went jogging today and didn't think about my testicles once. Guess what..they we're just fine!
    I agree with you about the depression. But here there are lots of people that have overcome it. I wonder sometimes if the depression is a result of these symptoms (not the other way around).
    Are you refraining from jogging and other physical activities because these symptoms?

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Austin811,
    I'm glad Sofa is encouraging you, with real experience in challenging symptoms.

Your list of symptoms, and your response to them, as well as emotional background all add up to TMS, plain and simple. Yes it is hard to believe these things are not physical, but contemplating the truth of this, and learning as much as you can about this approach is the beginning. We have free programs at the Wiki I would strongly suggest you engage in. If you patiently engage the process you will succeed. Inquire into your stressors, your life, your personality, and your fear. You will begin to see patterns and exceptions, and begin to tie your symptoms to your emotional life, a piece at a time. This is the way! You've "ruled out physical" and now you can "rule in emotional" with your learning.
    Andy B

Snowman likes this.
  4. Snowman

Snowman Peer Supporter

I'm also having all of the above. I also get strange feelings in my calfs like worms and muscle twitching. Do you wake up with a white tongue? Mine all started from a bad water infection in 2016 and has got worse from then till now. Have good days and bad days. EFT tapping helps sometimes along side the tms work. Just hard with flare days .