1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

New here - All over body nerve pain

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Merilu, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

2. dede

dede New Member

Hi. I have se are nerve oi. Too. What is happening with you?

3. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Dede, this was a post from several years ago, it's obvious from it that her doctors told her her issues were stress related, that equals TMS. Can you imagine how many people would be in surgery if you could get so easily injured by a carnival ride that young children are allowed to go on?!?--half the planet would be wearing neck braces. It seems she got better, to find out her current state you may want to PM her (personal message) through this site. To me it's obvious it's TMS when one sees so many doctors and they tell her it's stress, anxiety, i.e., TMS.

4. Lavoris

Lavoris New Member

Holy Cow!!! You just described so much I’ve been going through! Just see my post tonight! It is insane manning to have nerve pain but no sign of origin. I have some neck issues from stress to vertebrae and bulges but nothing to cause all over pain. I too was told my problem would not affect me all over. I am on Lyrica and I have been prescribed an anti depressant but haven’t taken it yet. You can private message me if you want I can relate to everything you are sayinG. I convinced myself it was Botox that did this. I have had every kind of therapy there is physically and I see a trauma therapist now. He told me to google trauma and nerve pain and there is quite a lot. I wouldn’t even believe my cousin who is a brain surgeon and is also a neurosurgeon when he looked at my MRIs. I bounced by Botox and neck problems and continue to when I have flares. Let’s use each other as proof that this is something the human brain can manifest. How likely is it that we both have the same problems and are on this forum? BTW I also get that uTI problem and tinnitus as well. This stuff moves around. I am so sorry for your pain. Nobody knows what torture it is unless they’ve experienced it. Would love to “chat”. This is truly incredible as I could mistake this post for my own.

Ibo147 likes this.
  5. Ibo147

Ibo147 Newcomer

Hi merlilu i saw your post about the nerve pain your haveing after a neck trauma, i also have the same issue, after a i fell and injury my neck and head legs arms fingers i have all sorts of pain tingling crawling stinging electric zaps cold and hot sensetions , it gets beatable to unbearable my fingers also get numb when using iphone or ipad, i have done all mri and blood works ever single thing is all clear and they say its central sensitization syndrome put on gabapentin 100mg doseing up slowly but no relife yet , hope you are feeling better have they found out what could this be ? Please email or massage me here really need help and advice ibo_T_@hotmail.com

6. Merilu

Merilu New Member

Hello, it has been two years since my last post and I just wanted to give an update. Over the past two years my nerve pain had decreased significantly and I would rarely think about it. Up until yesterday, I was doing great. I had lifted my nephew in his baby carrier and I must have pulled neck. My neck, upper back hurt but I also have the nerve pain in my arms, hands, legs and feet again! I am trying to keep calm but I know my anxiety will take over. Not a great way to start off the New Year. Over the past couple of years, I would have frequent episodes of jaw pain, which would eventually subside. In June of 2017, literally overnight, I developed a very bad case of acid reflux. I never had acid reflux before except when I was pregnant. The acid would go all the way to my throat even when I was standing up. I thought it could be tms but I still went to the doctors many times and took many different supplements and changed my diet and nothing helped. I was convinced I had h. pylori. I had an endoscopy and I was expecting the doctor to find something and they found absolutely nothing! I had the reflux for about 2 months but it did go away. So now I am facing the nerve pain again and I am praying it will go away again.

7. Lavoris

Lavoris New Member

I am so sorry. Nerve pain sucks! It’s maddening! It sounds like your other symptoms were a precursor to this...jaw pain and acid reflux are all anxiety related. You may have to dig really really deep to figure out what might be gripping you. For me it’s fear and loneliness. I have tinnitus out of the blue and just started getting acid reflux like you. It is so hard to stay calm when you feel like you must. I am trying to learn how to let the panic move through me. It’s not easy that’s for sure! Can you take some time to let yourself feel what might be bothering you? Is there a small thing you can do to make yourself feel more in control of things that seem to be happening all around you?