1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

NEW DIAGNOSIS FOR ME JUVENILE DISK DISEASE

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by LoLo, Jul 27, 2016.

1. LoLo

LoLo New Member

Hello I am not new to The Forum however I have not been here in a while because I have been so confused about what truly my condition is. After 3 years I finally decided to get another MRI done and saw a wonderful Dr Who told me I had juvenile disc disease. Therefore I'm curious as to whether or not all that I know around TMS can still benefit me? For those of you who don't know about Juvenile DD is it's basically the early onset of degenerative disc disease. This explains why I've been having back pain for since I was 15. I am now 48. I love the TMS work however I'm just not clear on whether I should keep it up. It's so evident on my MRI that my L3 4 & 5 are all diseased. The disks are supposed to show white but mine are dark grey.
    I was told the best things I can do would be core work to strengthen my abdominals. Looking for others that may have this diagnosis as well as support for how to proceed?

Thank you

2. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

Hi LoLo! And welcome back!

Just a quick comment for you. I'm not a doctor and I'm not familiar with Juvenile DD. I'd suggest talking to a good TMS doctor. I believe some are listed here on the Wiki.

Per Dr. Sarno: Disks degenerate with age. It is normal for many people and is not cause of pain, other than TMS pain.

I was diagnosed with degenerative disk disease. My L5 disk is very small. I suffered with bad sciatica for many years and was told that DDD was the reason. Then I found Dr. Sarno's work and (long story short) I have been pain free for over 8 years.

Best of luck to you!!

LoLo likes this.
  3. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

I just spoke to a lady named LuLu, and met a great woman named LaLa (who is on the WoV), and now here's a LoLo. Lolo, Lulu, LaLa

There isn't a degenerative disc disease, per se. It's something the physicians made up to try to explain back pain. But as the good doctor proved beyond doubt, they were all wrong. The diagnosis of disease has crippled many millions of people. If you choose to believe your doctor it will cause you great grief, if you choose to believe you are ok and healthy, then you will become what you believe.

Capn Spanky is spot on, but then he's a captain. If you believe you need to strengthen your core then you continue to disable yourself. There's nothing wrong with your core or its strength. I'm assuming you can walk, stand up and sit? There's a phrase I heard somewhere that best describes your situation, "faulty medical advice is making us worse." Can't remember where I heard it, but it holds more true today than ever.

If you're not dying, then forget about your doctor's crippling advice and heal. And if you can make it to see a real TMS doc, all the better.

Good luckluck, LoLo

SteveO

Cap'n Spanky and jrid32 like this.
  4. LoLo

LoLo New Member

5. LoLo

LoLo New Member

Hi Captain Spanky,
    I appreciate your response. I was just getting ready to go back to my Audible and start listening to John Sarno once again.I know somewhere in there I'll find something about generative disc disease but what you've told me about yourself I am already starting to once again accept a TMS diagnosis. YES, I Thunk it's time to head to California and see a TMS Doc.

Cap'n Spanky likes this.