1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

New Claire Weekes biography raising awareness of her approach to anxiety

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Rainstorm B, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Rainstorm B

Rainstorm B Peer Supporter

I’m in the UK and just heard a great interview on BBC Radio 4 Woman’s Hour programme with Judith Hoare who has written a biography of Claire Weekes.

For those not familiar with Dr Weekes’ work, she wrote a series of books including Self Help For Your Nerves. She outlined a simple and compassionate approach to treating anxiety disorders and the physical symptoms (ie TMS) that come with them that has helped many people on this forum (including me).

So great that this biography will hopefully bring a new audience to the work of Claire Weekes. The interview is well worth a listen - you should be able to get it on BBC iplayer or the Sounds app in the UK. And here’s a link to the biography to be published on Sept 12
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Woman-Crac...568194855&s=gateway&sprefix=claire+wee&sr=8-4

2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks for sharing this sweetheart. I’ll enjoy listening to the interview later, and I hope too that the book brings a whole new audience to Claire’s brilliant work. She is a lifesaver and like Sarno it’s essential her legacy lives on.

Plum x

Rainstorm B likes this.
  3. BinLA

BinLA Peer Supporter

That woman was a saint to me. Not sure what I would have done without that thick accent and enlightening words during my worst times. I wore out here books and memorized her audio. Just a blessing to anyone who has struggled with true stress disorder/nervous breakdown, etc.

Rainstorm B and JanAtheCPA like this.