1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Book New Book- Chronic Pain, your key to Recovery

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Sienna, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Sienna

Sienna Well known member

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
    Forest and Eric "Herbie" Watson like this.
  2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Sienna, thanks for posting this. Georgie has always been a strong supporter of the Wiki community and I know that she cares passionately about TMS treatment. Georgie is a physiotherapist and I know that she has made a number of sacrifices to pursue the style of treatment that she knows is correct.

There aren't enough TMS books by women, so this is a very welcome addition. I just purchased it and look forward to reading it.

Have you had a chance to read it yet, Sienna? If so, what do you think?

Finally, here is a picture of the author with Dr. Sarno. She came over to train with him back in 2007 and included the picture in her entry in the Thank You, Dr. Sarno project:

[​IMG]

tarala and Sienna like this.
  3. Enrique

Enrique Well known member

Hi, I"m still in the middle of reading it. I really like it so far. One particular passage resonated deeply with me because I had shoulder pain that lasted for over a year after an injury sustained during a vigorous swim and I've just now overcome it. This and reading some posts here on the forum from a guy with similar pain who has started to overcome it on his own as well. The idea of "conditioning of the nerve pathways" has really helped me a lot. I hadn't thought of my pain from that perspective before.

"Sometimes symptoms start following an actual injury, where the acute inflammation is evidence of physical trauma to the tissues. Signs of inflammation include heat, swelling and redness in the region of the pain but these physical signs should settle as the tissues heal, within days or a few weeks at the most.

Persistent pain after tissues have healed is an indication that the ongoing symptoms are stressed-induced and the result of conditioning of the nerve pathways involved in the original injury. Often, although pain begins while doing an activity, it is an activity the individual does without any problem, even if this activity is strenuous, such as a sport or training in the gym. Our bodies are so much stronger and more flexible than we give them credit for and it is far more common, even under these circumstances, for pain to be stress-induced than for physical tissue trauma to occur."
    E

tarala likes this.
  4. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I've started reading this book, as well. The ebook is available on Amazon for only $3.99, so it is a bargain price to purchase a good TMS book!

Forest and Enrique like this.
  5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

The Oldfield book looks very good. I will order the ebook.