1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 new angle

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by LL surfer, Apr 10, 2013.

1. LL surfer

LL surfer New Member

I've been a successful TMS patient for 13 yrs,[successful meaning reading&writing to cure various pain syndromes, including back pain, elbow,shoulder,& knee pain, morton's neuroma, etc...]. Yesterday I went dirtbike riding, and had the usual soreness from a hard physical activity, but as the evening wore on my right hip became sorer & stiffer 'til it became bad enough that I took some Alleve. I couldn't sleep, and was getting no relief, so my wife, who is an RN, gave me half a Norco. I slept off & on, but the pain was worse by morning to the point I'm limping. There were no falls or trauma during my ride that I could point to, so I'm thinking TMS.
    I loaned my Sarno book to my daughter, who is having tremors that we can't figure out, so I got on the net and discovered this site, and thought I would give it a try.

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome, LL - I'm glad you found our forum. You've probably read all the basic books by Dr. Sarno - have you ever read anything by Peter Levine? He addresses old trauma, which sometimes has to do with old injuries that cause problems years later when current stresses trigger something deep. The fact that your daughter is having health problems could be a triggering stressor.

Keep us posted as you go through the SEP.

Jan

Stella likes this.