1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

New and in need of any help advice and guidance please

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Laurenisobow, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Laurenisobow

Laurenisobow Newcomer

Hi there.
    I am a newbie and could really do with some help I am desperate.
    I am a 27 yr old female work as a designer in the UK
    Around 6 months ago I fell and developed sever pain down left leg and numbness.. MRI done a few months after and all was fine. Numbness went and then as The pain started to fade my right bum cheek started to hurt. Then my right leg and tingling to my toes... drs said it sounded like sciatica. Now today 6months on I have deep pain in both buttock pain down legs and severity differs from day to day.
    I have severe anxiety... during this episode I became suicidal because I went into shock from it and didn’t know what to do. I didn’t move for months couldn’t even bare to leave the flat. I convinced myself there was something wrong with me and my body had given up on me... convinced I didn’t deserve a long happy life (I know I may sound crazy please do not judge me just being honest)
    I Have had a turbulent life I would say.... I have moved home 17 times. Seen my parents get divorced, lived in poverty, neglected by my father as a child, bad choice of boyfriends, got engaged in my early 20s to the wrong man had to call it off in the middle of this relationship I got very sick with blood clots due to the contraceptive pill (he didn’t look after me during this time) Got straight into a relationship with another guy, he cheated on me then straight after got into another relationship with the man of my dreams who I am currently still with.
    I am now desperate..... I am so happy now in my relationship I want to be a mum soon and I want to buy our forver home but all this is holding me back and I’m scared. I’m scared of everything and I’m scared I will always be in pain.
    Please tell me what I should do?! Does this sound like TMS? Where do I start??
    I want my life back. Not just for me but my loved ones.
    Thank you

2. TorahParrot

TorahParrot New Member

The experts ( I am not an expert or anything) will tell you to have everything checked out by a doctor to be sure you don't have some kind of real injury. The experts are correct I think. As you stated nothing is really wrong with you physically according to your doctors. In my opinion, for what its worth, You have TMS. Me too, I have TMS. For me understanding that I am perfectly healthy, back, legs ect....and that all of my pain is from repressed emotion has helped me make huge progress. Reminding myself of this over and over strengthens me and my pain keeps decreasing. I will be back to running 10 miles a day again and enjoying everything. Find Dr. John E. Sarno's books to start with and allow yourself to believe what he says because it is true. You are not falling apart. You are extremely strong. Marry the man of your dreams and have lots of beautiful children!!!

3. KevinMartilloViner

KevinMartilloViner Peer Supporter

This could help

https://audioboom.com/posts/7173184-057-kevin-martillo-viner-phd?fbclid=IwAR1CxclQBTuxw9OumREHNhwRIcY_2wKTHcUQa5bW77_fiUvHT897Bv7T8NA (Audioboom / 057 - Kevin Martillo Viner, PhD)

4. Un0wut2du

Un0wut2du Peer Supporter

Be careful with remarks like “some kind of real injury.” This infers that the pain felt by a person is not real. Or “just in their head.” She’s had the MRI.

@Laurenisobow The MRI says you are free of damage, yes? For those of us with TMS this should be enough. Sometimes it’s not. I too have had long lasting pain in the bum, etc. If you read Sarno he will explain how sciatica is a fully bogus diagnosis. I recommend “Mind Body Prescription” and “Divided Mind” by Dr John Sarno as well as “The Great Pain Deception” by Steve Ozanich. Mountains of info and from people who know. I’ve solved many issues with this work.

I have greatly benefited from Therepy. I would most certainly recommend you give it a try. And not CBT. Attempts at changing behaviors are not getting to the heart of the matter. Good old fashioned psychoanalytic Therepy going all the way back to our earlier memory’s and stepping through all the years, really digging down, with a seasoned therapist is how we get to the repressed emotions and bring them up from the subconscious. Really feeling them. Some of us need this. Go give it a try. I think you’ll benefit. This is hard work but so very worth it. Take true care.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  5. Smb081818

Smb081818 New Member

Lauren- we have very similar symptoms! I carried (maybe still do) repressed emotions as well from my past, and dealt with depression from the pain... I’m newer to starting this like you... you get to a point where you think what do I have to lose but give it my all!! I think you’ve found a great place! Fear is a liar and does nothing to help our bodies so why not try to kill it. Reading the success stories are incredibly inspiring. A good reminder may be when you experience pain is remembering... your success is based only on your reaction to it not on what the pain is doing in the moment. I’m wishing you all the best, you are stronger than you think and can do this! Remember to not be hard on yourself but be kind :)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    Un0wut2du and JanAtheCPA like this.