1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 New and improving

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Dahlia, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Dahlia

Dahlia Well known member

I have just completed about a week into TMS discovery & recovery. What a revelation! I've had a near lifetime of TMS symptoms, the most recent 7 years being back/leg pain....every treatment modality including 4-surgeries, etc. I am appreciative of the extra support and materials on this website. I am working with my therapist to fine-tune an approach that fits my needs. I am delighted to report a wonderful breakthrough day yesterday. I am very encouraged to see such marked results so quickly. And it certainly helps to understand TMS when you start to experience other unusual symptoms cropping up here and there!

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome to the forum MaryBoz and congratulations on your breakthrough! Hoping you have more wonderful breakthroughs as you move forward with the SEP.

3. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Hi MaryBoz! Isn't it wonderful how a little information can make such a big difference. I still have TMS pain but the degree of annoyance and distraction is down about 80% from when I started close to a month ago. And the bonus is learning more about the triggers and personality traits that got me to this place. Looking forward to hearing about your progress as time moves on.

4. Dahlia

Dahlia Well known member

Congratulations on you progress and thanks for the encouragement! This feels "fragile" for me still and words of hope make a big difference. It is fascinating tho' when other TMS symptoms pop up here and there. When I confront them it seems like they don't last as long. I have to admit that the feelings that bubble up are uncomfortable. I just remind myself they will change and move on, unlike experiencing pain, which seems to stick around if you let it. Also, I've noticed lots of dream activity over the last 2 weeks. Nightmares at first, now just more dreams that I remember. My unconscious must be adjusting and working things through. The mind is such a mystery.

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Mary Boz. Your progress is wonderful. It's a good sign that your symptoms are moving around. Dr. Sarno says it means your unconscious mind knows you're working on your repressed emotions.

I began having lots of dreams when I started TMS healing. Some related to my mother when I was remembering feelings of guilt for not being able to care for her more than two years. Last week I had the first dream about my father in many years. A few days earlier I told myself I forgave him for
    things that bothered me when I was a boy and hadn't gotten his approval or support. In my dream we hugged each other and both of us cried happily.
    He had never ever hugged me in real life so this was very comforting. I felt we had finally become friends.

I believe the dream came as the result of having done some journalling about our relationship. Now instead of thinking there was a distance between us, when I think of him I think of a closeness. Thanks to TMS.

6. nancy

nancy Well known member

Hi Walt, I feel the feeling as you felt with your Dad, except it was for my boys. Their
    Dad never really gave them a lot of attention, I tried to make up for it, you just can't!
    When there is a Dad living in the house a mom cannot fulfill that space. I am so happy
    that you now feel closeness, so important. You are wonderful Walt!! Nancy