1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Neurosurgeon, pain mgmt dr., psychiatrist

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lindahope, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Lindahope

Lindahope New Member

Neurosurgeon said I may have a tethered spine, since then I've gotten neck surgery. He said on my 10 month check up post surgery if I can't live with the pain I was getting in my arms and hands I could get a my.ogram and see if any more nerves are getting pinched and the he would go in through the back of my neck and clean out more. I left shocked scared and anxious. In regards to t12/ l1 herniations new psychiatrist said I'm looking at another surgery unless I wanted to spend my whole life on my back. This was this week and I'm scared and anxious if he's right. I started an outpatient program for the anxiety and depression I am having over all this. I have an appt Monday with a family doctor who is familiar with TMS. My husband is reading john sarno book now to support me.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm glad you'll be seeing a doctor who knows about TMS. Some doctors think that only surgery can relieve pain,
    but we who learned about TMS know better. I'm also glad that your husband is reading Dr. Sarno's book and is supporting you
    that your pain is caused by TMS, often repressed emotions (anger) that go back to our childhood.

The doctor who recommended more surgery scared you, and that would scare anyone.
    Think TMS, not surgery. Good luck seeing the family doctor who knows about TMS.
    Let us know how that meeting turns out.

3. Lindahope

Lindahope New Member

Ok. Thank you