1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Neurological symptoms

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by oksanad, May 4, 2023.

1. oksanad

oksanad New Member

Hello all,

I am struggling with a bunch of neurological symptoms, to name a few:
    Numbness that comes and goes over the whole body
    Muscle spasms
    Burning spot all over the body
    Tremor
    Strange pain in the scalp/head
    Lump in the throat
    Muscle pain
    Sometimes wake up with numb hands
    Heat sensitivity

So I self diagnosed myself with MS..went to neurologist he diagnosed me with FND ( functional neurological disorder) it’s when brain created the symptoms. I struggled to accept the diagnosis without proof so he agreed to do brain MRI, it’s all clear.
    Symptoms are carrying on and I am struggling so much. Still worried about it being early MS..
    I am no stranger to TMS as have recovered from bladder pain/IC two years ago by following TMS approach and dr Sarno book.
    Is there anyone with similar troubles?
    Bladder issues also came back a bit.
    These symptoms are so hard to shift as even distractions do not help.
    Thank you for reading x

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

oksanad and TG957 like this.
  3. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

I had 6 of your symptoms (minus tremor and lump) and it was labeled CRPS. I self-diagnosed myself with Parkinson's and was hoping it wasn't MS. Google CRPS, it ain't fun at all, almost as bad as MS.

What I learned about neurological diagnoses, is that the longer is the verbiage in your diagnosis and the weirder are the symptoms, the more likely it is TMS.

Just the fact that you healed once does not mean much, some people healed but then came back to finally finish their TMS saga for good. You may have already guessed that I am now symptoms-free and it was all TMS.

Do your TMS work and you will be OK! Good luck!

4. mbo

mbo Well known member

TG957 likes this.
  5. oksanad

oksanad New Member

Thank you very much for all your help, its just that my symptoms are getting worse with every day and i am struggling to shift it. Just can not make myself believe that i do not have MS :(
    Sounds so silly and stupid but worrying that neurologist is not taking me seriously.

6. oksanad

oksanad New Member

Thank you! And congratulations on getting through these horid bunch of symptoms.
    Distructing myself and ignoring symptoms worked with bladder stuff but not shifting any of these neurological ones. And that is making me second guess the diagnosis. Just somehow need to convince my brain its just TMS.

7. oksanad

oksanad New Member