1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Neural Tension???

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by JDR11522, Feb 28, 2019.

1. JDR11522

JDR11522 New Member

today will be day 5 and I’ve noticed improvements. One thing I do have a question on is when you also have decreased range of motion from TMS. The Dr. had called it “neural tension.” And i keep coming back to that. I have limited range when i flex forward at my hips and tight hamstrings and piriformus. I canceled my PT sessions bc although I really liked her I didn’t want her to have me question TMS. I did tell her about Dr. Sarno’s book and she said she would like to read it. So just checking if anyone else had decreased motion along with there pain and what did you do?

2. AnonymousNick

AnonymousNick Peer Supporter

Yes, I "threw out my back" TMS style a few years ago and although it hurt I also literally couldn't stand up straight. It wasn't an issue of pain tolerance, it just wouldn't go! I was walking around with a long stick to support my hunched over, not quite 40-year-old body. My father was visiting and when he finally left, the back loosened up. :) And I didn't even know about TMS then. I've also found that during tense times, it seems impossible to bring my knees up to my chest when lying on my back and other times I've got full range. Now I know it as TMS and no amount of stretching is going to help. I've got to get into those feelings, those psychological tensions.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. KevinMartilloViner

KevinMartilloViner Peer Supporter

Sorry to hear it. Check out this podcast interview, I talk a lot about what you're going through. Hope it helps!

https://audioboom.com/posts/7173184-057-kevin-martillo-viner-phd?fbclid=IwAR0vSXw6MfXJZx290rxvJTLrZiCdjTxsk-ItAbRQ9xOSNG68C_U-oCd5aHE (Audioboom / 057 - Kevin Martillo Viner, PhD)