1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Nerve Tingling TMS?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by MMB, Feb 20, 2017.

1. MMB

MMB New Member

I'm wondering if an old nerve injury that now radiates electrical like tingling only when the area gets pressed on could be TMS.

The nerve doesn't bother me at all unless it's pressed on, even accidentally, then it radiates annoying tingling and stops when the pressure stops. The nerve injury was years ago, anyone have any thoughts on this? thank you

2. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle

It's possible this could be TMS. Did the nerve injury always tingle from the beginning or did it just start recently without any physical trigger? If it's a new symptom without further injury (and the original injury healed many years ago) its more likely TMS.

3. MMB

MMB New Member

Hi, it's an old lingual nerve injury from a tooth extraction. It was 5 years ago. It was very bad, pain, burning, distorted taste, numbness, and electrical like tingling, it was very traumatic and stressful. All of those symptoms went away except for when there is pressure on the area, then I get tingling, and it scares me, interestingly, when I eat chips and one suddenly slams Down or stabs me in the same area, nothing. ? Hmmmm. Maybe the nerve is totally healed and this is a conditioned response when my tongue presses on it, or TMS? It mostly tingles when I'm stressed or not feeling well too.

4. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

The story as you are presenting it looks very much like a conditioned response to me.

MMB likes this.