1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Need your help in understanding these symptoms on right

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by IndiMarshall, Jul 5, 2015.

1. IndiMarshall

IndiMarshall Well known member

I have a disc herniation at L5-s1 and L4-L5 both touching the thecal sac. No nerve Impingement

If my pain is on the left it goes down my leg, its neurological and I can sometimes control this will self talk sometimes it vanishes away if I read the book or listen to any mind related videos. Three weeks into TMS journey, I have improved a lot.

When I sleep on my right total pain shifts to right easing 100% on left.. and the pain is exactly at the position I mentioned in the pic below (in black color). The pain is Muscular & It is nearly impossible for me to sleep with out screaming aloud while I turn to left or right in bed. This pain doesn't go down the leg if the pain is in right.

I am confused what is the this pain on my right. When this pain comes I completely forget about TMS as it bothers me so much. Based on posture in bed this pain will completely shift to left tonight or in coming days.I didnt note what activities moves this pain to Left.

Sorry We as TMS'ers shouldn't think structural but I have to post this to understand this. I dont have access to TMS therapist.

This is how my MRI stands -
    central disc protrusion at L4/L5 WITH indentation over the thecal sac.
    Disc bulge at L5/S1 with indentation over the Thecal sac.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  2. IndiMarshall

After having gone through the HBP . I fit the perfect bill of all the characteristics. I suit so perfectly.
    I have all the symptoms of gastro issues like IBS which is much closer to peptic ulcer. Mild cervical spondylitis and pain in upper back.
    My worry is what is happening to me when my pain shifts to right ? Its nearly crippling me. I can't walk straight. What is that part name called which is in black, Google didnt give me any answers.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, IndiMarshall. Dr. Sarno writes that in TMS, the subconscious often moves the pain around. We think it could be there is some structural problem on one side because an X-ray or MRI indicates that. But if the pain on that side goes away with belief in TMS and then starts on the other side, Sarno says it's because the subconscious wants us to do more thinking or journaling about emotions we may still be repressing.

You've gotten medical examinations that indicate no structural problem on the side that now hurts, so it has to be psychological, from TMS, and not structural.

Keep working on the TMS theory and belief and the new pain will go away.

4. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi I.M., I think you're in India, have you ever been to an Ayurvedic practitioner?

5. IndiMarshall

Thank you Walt. As always thats very assuring.

6. IndiMarshall

Yes Tom. I had been to the best Ayurvedic doctor in INdia and had 25 days of rigorous treatment. which finished on May 25th. It didn't show any impact whatsoever..
    Infact it made my situation worse and during and after the treatment. I am little better now from where I started since I started TMS journey. Only a little. A lot to gain.

7. IndiMarshall

More thoughts are welcome.