1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Need to find a TMS DR.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Scott_RI, Jan 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Scott_RI

Scott_RI Newcomer

Does anybody know or have had experience with an actual TMS doctor around RI? I've been contacting ones in Mass.( ON THE LIST). But they don't seem to know what I'm talking about. Even though my regular Dr. can't find anything wrong with me, I need that confirmation from a TMS MD.

2. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

I don't believe there are any near you, but almost no one ever sees a TMS doc, and you don't need one to heal. If you need that boost of confidence you can find it other ways or perhaps you can email one of them to ask a question.

The final decision is yours in the end. Some people get the diagnosis and don't believe it, most others never get it and still believe they have it and heal.

SO

ChanaG likes this.
  3. Scott_RI

Scott_RI Newcomer

Thanks, Steve. It's really hard not to think physical. The pains keep moving around and some stick, especially the refux. It's all the time, if I eat or don't.

4. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

Pain moving is a good sign, hang on for the ride. You are in the right place, just start looking at how you perceive life. Is it fear or love?

In the end there is nothing wrong with the body and nothing to heal. I had bad reflux and its completely gone.

Ryan

5. Scott_RI

Scott_RI Newcomer

Thanks Ryan. It really helps to know other people are in the same boat as me. I had a yrs worth of Gerd 2 yrs ago and then it disappeared. But then something else bothered me and then something else after that. Now the gerd is back with a vengeance, with other things.Do you any other advise?
    Thanks
    Scott

6. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

Start gathering knowledge by reading a couple books. My favorite are healing back pain and Great pain deception. Don't get caught in the repetitive reading of books, get some knowledge and put it to action. Less is more in the tms world. Let me know how it goes.

Ryan

7. Shosh

Shosh Peer Supporter

Ryan can you eat/drink anything now that the Reflux is gone? What helped you the most in erasing doubt and getting rid of it?

8. BrooklynGal

BrooklynGal Peer Supporter

I LOVE mine, but he's in New Jersey. I travel to see him. You can either go once and follow-up by phone or maybe you can do it all by phone..?

His name is Dr. Paul Gwozdz and he is a lifesaver.