1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Need support struggling

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Marla, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Marla

Marla Peer Supporter

Hi, I have had a tough few months mentioned things here before, my hubby and his depression and anger issues.

Have been trying probably too hard, the goodist thing, to do everything to stop co dependency and be more mindful and not turn away from what is happening because I know when I try to hide from my emotions I get some type of pain again.

In the past year it has moved all over from back to stomach to foot to buttock pain which has been the last few weeks. A counselor mentioned acupuncture for anxiety so i went a few times, felt no better and think it made believing in mind body harder so i quit going.

Here it is Thanksgiving and I want to be thankful for all the good in my life, we are going to neighbors in a few hours and my buttock and lower stomach hurts. I know it is stress, i started a new med for female dryness and I had job interview a few days ago and get answer tomorrow on if I got it.

Last few days with walks by the beach, we live 1/2 mile from ocean view trail, i can get my anxiety down but woke up worse today.

I went on other tms support site a few days ago and said i needed support, this morning i saw 51 people read it but not one person responded. They don't have to but it made me feel bad. I am trying to stay with tms beliefs and when i talk to hubby or family they would just say go to doctor.

Thankfully my doctor believes in mindbody and encourages me to read Sarno, do mindfulness and meditate.

I hope you all have a good holiday, i try to be a positive person and feel like a party pooper today.

2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Marla, happy Thanksgiving to you, too! You have a lot going on. Hopefully, you will get your job offer and things will calm down. The only way through anxiety and stress is to let yourself feel it in your body and not push it aside. Remember, after a bad day, a better day will always come!

Best wishes,

TG

3. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Marla,

I saw your post languishing over at the other site and I think I PM'ed you to post here; did you receive it?

The other site is moribund these days, 50 or 100 reads without a reply is pretty normal. This site gets a lot more action. As far as acupuncture goes, I had hundreds of sessions pre-TMS enlightenment and it did NOTHING to fix anything for me. It is relaxing, but that's it. It has no science behind it. To get more bang for you relaxation buck, get a massage instead--but not to fix anything if it's TMS--just for pampering and relaxation. Your walk on the beach has demonstrated to you the importance of using your body to release TMS creating tension--the RAGE/SOOTHE RATIO.

If your "counselor" is recommending accu to reduce tension, then they may not be TMS savvy--it should be your counselor's job to do that through TMS KNOWLEDGE. There's a long list of TMS knowledgeable PRACTITIONER'S here at the Home Page's side bar to get you onto the fast-track for TMS healing. You don't need to see one in person, TMS KNOWLEDGE PENICILLIN transfers well by phone or skype.

G'luck!
    tt

4. Susan1111

Susan1111 Well known member

Maria I'm so sorry you're struggling. what method have you been using to work on your pain. I recently found the Zero Pain Now method which is simple direct and has been effective for me..my best advise is find a method that resonates with you stick with it. Retrain your brain to feel emotions. Allow yourself to feel.
    Warmly , Susan

David88 likes this.
  5. Marla

Marla Peer Supporter

Hi, thank you for the replies. First off I didn't see pm on other site, guess I wasn't looking for messages.

I did a lot of thinking and walks last 3 days and realized I didn't really want the job I applied for, the hours weren't what I thought. Most of my life I have done things to make other people happy and I am slowly learning its ok to make myself happy!

So I sent a email and basically let the job go, I said to keep me in mind if they wanted what I did, in different words I told them what I wanted in a job. I am 60 retired early so don't have to work so can for first time in life be pickier.

I read some of the posts here and it helped me to think about what Claire Weekes said about not fighting it, but letting the pain or anxiety happen. I tend to make things worse by trying to hard to fix the pain and if its with tms, i try to fix that to and get angry if it doesn't work, lol.

So i am letting go and just being. Pain is down a bit.

As far as counselor goes, mine is great and encourages me in mind body. I had a session alone with my husbands counselor when he was going through tough time few months ago she suggested the acupuncture.

I am learning to listen to my gut and stay with what I know is true.

Thank you Susan, most of my life i have cut off emotions because it created emotional pain, then holding them in created real pain too. I recently joined a mindfulness meditation group and retraining myself to be here, to feel.

6. pspa

pspa Well known member

I agree completely about acupuncture. Study after study shows no difference between so-called real acupuncture and sham acupuncture where they just stick needles in at random. I was smarter than Tom LOL in that I gave up after about 15 sessions with folks with Chinese medical degrees. I figured if their treatment wasn't going to help, nobody's was. Placebos do work for some folks, which explains where billions of dollars go each year. Final rant, I find it distressing that some hospitals now offer acupuncture when the scientific evidence clearly does not support it.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  7. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

I was only paying $10 a session since I was acting as the pin-cushion for a buddy of mine attending oriental medicine school. There were some side benefits, a Popeye's fried chicken below the school with really yummy food.