1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Need Some Encouragement

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Paigeee, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Paigeee

Paigeee Peer Supporter

Hi everyone,

I'm in the midst of a TMS flare and need some encouragement. One of the most upsetting things is that during this flare, there have been multiple times where the discomfort goes from being pretty bad to almost not there. I get relieved and think the flare is over, and then it gets worse again. Ugh! I feel like that's pretty common with TMS but it's one of the most disheartening parts of it. Any advice on how to deal with these ups and downs while healing?

2. Orion2012

Orion2012 Well known member

Any change is good. More evidence it is TMS, not structural.

Paigeee likes this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes!!
    And do your best to observe and not get identified to the reactions about the ups and downs. Is there self-hate that you're not doing it well enough? Self-doubt? Feelings of failure? Fear that it will all get much worse? Fear that you don't have TMS? These are some common reactions, and if you can deal with them skillfully, the less the ups and downs will matter. Good luck!

Time2be, KevinB and Paigeee like this.
  4. Paigeee

Paigeee Peer Supporter

You nailed all of the fears that pop into my head when the discomfort creeps back! I've always said the fear is always much worse than the actual physical sensations. Thank you so much for the encouragement.

Time2be likes this.