1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 15 Need preparation

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Marla, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Marla

Marla Peer Supporter

I always get a bit anxious before trips, even small ones. I don't mean to be that way but I run around making sure I am not forgetting anything.

Well we are leaving tomorrow morning early for a 2 day trip, on a lake to a lodge, I have looked forward to this for years and my back has been great all summer.

So yesterday I had a small flare up that went away, but today came back with a pow and got worse as the day went on.

The assistant manager was having a melt down and I was trying to talk her through it, but I noticed after dealing with it and getting ready for trip back on fire.

I went in the pool to take mind off it and it worked only a little. I think because I am anxious about trip it is holding on.

Hard to just let go....and I wonder if as soon as you start to tell other people about TMS and how great you are doing, a flare up happens?

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi,Marla.
    Your flare up must be because of dealing with your assistant manager and also thinking about the trip.
    Once you get away from the job and house and start the min-vacation, I'm sure you will feel fine.

If I was going to a lodge on lake, I would not take anything electronic with me..
    no laptop, no cell phone, no iPhone, no anything except maybe a good book (not on TMS or healing).
    Just enjoy the two days.

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Marla! Can you say: "perfectionist"? :p LOL - I'm totally the same way. I can spend more time getting ready for a short trip than the time spent on the trip. Perhaps you're beating yourself up about this? Instead, try laughing at yourself, and also congratulating yourself because you'll be happy you brought everything you need to be comfortable - right? Right????

Interesting observation - but I don't think it's necessary for this to happen. What I wonder is if there's something in the back of your mind that is not certain you're telling the truth about how great you're doing.....

Think about it! There are so many little negative messages we give ourselves all the time - we tend to consciously tune them out, but the unconscious is listening.

Cheers, and enjoy yourself (with or without your electronics :cool:)

Jan