1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Need Help to Start the Journaling Process

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by gnnmi, Mar 4, 2019.

1. gnnmi

gnnmi New Member

I believe part of my resistance to doing this program is not understanding how to journal. No matter how hard I try to find out how other people did it, I can't seem to retain it. Can someone just give me a simple formula? How do start and how do I proceed? Thanks.

2. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

I don't think it matters. It's simply the act of writing down your feelings. There are structured programs you can follow. It's not necessary to journal to better but it is a toll that people find valuable. I never really journaled but I did have therapy.

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

4. Doomsee

Doomsee New Member

As both miffybunny and Andy have said, there's no one way to do it, and everyone journals differently The important thing to remember is that you explore your feelings as much as you can and be completely honest with yourself. Don't lie in the journal, you're the only one who's going to read it anyway. Find any nook and cranny you can about your past and current experiences and how you feel, and let your grammar be as messy as you want, it's all about how you feel, not how it looks.