1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Need help please

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by readytoheal, May 18, 2018.

1. readytoheal

readytoheal Peer Supporter

I need some insight and help calming my mind. I came down with a virus 10 days ago. 3 days of fever, body aches, resulting in a all over rash. My son also got a rash but didn’t get nearly as sick. This was truly awful. My hands and feet turned red and swelled up. They now burn and itch. Dr google leads me to believe that it may have been fifths disease. Well adults often get joint pain and even arthritis(!). My tms brain has either latched onto this or this really is the progression for me. I’m in a lot of pain. My wrists and hands are not functioning and my lower back and knees ache. I’m scared. I try to tell myself to be patient as the virus runs its course. And that it could be nothing more than tms.. but how do I know??? Damn tms brain. As if it is not bad enough being sick, then you have to deal with all the FEAR and possibly additional symptoms you have to sort through. I’m tired. I just want to feel myself again.

2. MedicineWithin

MedicineWithin Peer Supporter

In my experience one of the worst things you can do is look around google for explanations of symptoms. This can add major anxiety and usually nothing good comes of it. The anxiety is just adding to feeling worse for you! One of the most powerful things you can do is just feel into your body with no story or need for an explanation to what you are feeling. Just go there with your presence, nothing else. Sounds simple, but usually we get in the way (our minds) of our body natural ability to heal. The virus may feel uncomfortable, but don't fear, and if you are going to feel fear about what it going on, then feel it fully, feel what fear feels like in yourself, that way you know its not you, its just a feeling. The separation from that feeling, and you will calm yourself down. It may sound a little deep, but if you grasp what I am trying to convey it might give you some help. You are feeling yourself! Just the fact that you can feel all of these things means that they are not you, just feel them, and they will take their course. Of course seek medical attention if things get worse or you feel you need to, but still what I was pointing to will be of some use regardless. All the best!